There was a TSB issued for this. like a fan that is running somewhere under the car, inside the car it just squeaks. Ford I don't think there is a fix. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons! I have taken it in three times and the mechanic cannot figure out where the clunking is coming from. I paid $30,000 for a car that sounds like a 15 year old junker and there is no solution??? I just bought a lease return 2009 Ford Edge SEL and as soon as I turn the car on the squeaky noise starts. Engine mounts can wear and allow engine movement – and noise – during power off and on transitions; but not so much over bumps. William Gladstone 1809-1898. I purchased a. YourMechanic All rights reserved. A test drive is nearly always required. Post by meric11flexLTD » Fri Jul 15, 2016 4:55 am. Top. Haven't had any issue with rear shocks. I purchased a 2010 edge 7 months ago, just recently started hearing the same issues with a rattling noise. I have an '07 Edge. thanks. meric11flexLTD Posts: 120 Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:10 am. not a big deal until a few days ago it started getting louder and I also had the clunking noise going over speed bumps in the parking lot.

I'm experiencing the same noises.

I think all of the bad "struts" and other front end problems were usually heard when going over a bump or making a sharp turn, or something like that. Our service team is available 7 days a week, Monday - Friday from 6 AM to 5 PM PST, Saturday - Sunday 7 AM - 4 PM PST. And what can be used to fix the leak. I try to tune it out but its just getting louder I don't understand it. I purchased a certified used 2011 Ford Edge in January 2013. for a manhole cover). It would make that sound after I would come to a stop, pull off, turn left or turn right. Not a rythmic sound like mine. Bought my 09 Ford Edge 2 months ago. Chris was great, he was quick & efficient.

owners like you. It would make that sound after I would come to a stop, pull off, turn left or turn right.

Car is going back into shop next week and am hoping someone else can help out with this complaint.

^ What he said.

Recently, dealer though he had isolated it to steering rack. Once the dealer had greased it properly...no more noise. "We look forward to the time when the Power of Love will replace the Love of Power. I went back to get it and started to push the car back and forth while the Rep was sitting inside and then he heard it for himself. I had the fix done on my car. That mechanism was loose and was causing the noise I was hearing.

Ford HQ dealer rep drove my car. 592 Posts #8 • Dec 25, 2014 ^ What he said. I have a 2010 Edge Limited. The dealership will replace your control arm bushings and control arm with heavier duty ones. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. CRUNCHING OR CREAKING-TYPE NOISE FROM TSB 13-5-11, CLUNK/RATTLE NOISE FROM FRONT END DURING TSB 13-9-9, VerticalScope Inc., 111 Peter Street, Suite 901, Toronto, Ontario, M5V 2H1, Canada. Re: 2013 ford flex front end clunk/creek. Replaced. Long story.

I have an extended warranty but they claimed the struts only needed to be greased, and thus not a warranty item (they wanted to charge me ~$300 for the service). Re: 2013 ford flex front end clunk… I had the fix done on my car. Made with ♥ in Silicon Valley. The only other thing I can realy say is when I am turning and I hit a bump there is no noise, TO me it …

I will be contacting the dealer tomorrow. your normal wear and tear I though. Unfortunately, there are many possible sources, and some are hard to locate with the vehicle stationary. Traded in my 2013 2.0 Titanium for: 2017 Lightning Blue Titanium | 2.0. Another tech went with me.

any update on this? Clunking noises are annoying and potentially dangerous, and should always be investigated. Then will our world know the blessings of peace." banjoplayer Posts: 2. just bought a used 2013 escape platinum with 30,000 miles and have began to notice what seems like a knocking noise at slower speeds in the front end. Fast and easy service at your home or office, Backed by 12-month, 12.000-mile guarantee. A Ford Deaership should be able to help you out with this, or one of the awesome Ford reps on this site.

After just 1000 miles, the front end started making clunking and creaking noises (like an old bedspring) when going over uneven surfaces or turning a hard left or right especially into a driving into a curve.

The clunking noise quit but the creaking noises are as bad as ever. He was on time and friendly. Ford Edge - Tune-up - Winter Garden, Florida, Ford Edge - Oil Change - Portland, Oregon. The noise I was experiencing was due to a strut on the front end. Did anyone find out the cause of this?

You an Beach Ford handled it quickly and professionally. thanks. It sounded really bad when my music was off and I was driving quiet. Our certified mobile mechanics can come to you now. have to say this is turning out to be a bigger deal for ford edge. Well my car went in for a second time for the left front end clunk.

Love the car otherwise, just hate all the creaking and clunking noises. nuker669 Posts: 22 Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 7:02 pm Location: Canada. They vary from relatively harmless hubcap rattles to more serious issues with suspension and steering components. Over 25,000 topics, from beginner tips to technical guides, Check cars for recalls, common issues & maintenance costs, Hand-picked, community-rated professionals, Our mechanics make house calls in over 2,000 cities, Explore nationwide job opportunities for automotive technicians, Trusted mechanics, rated by thousands of happy car owners, Fleet maintenance with certified mobile mechanics, Ford Edge - Heater is not working - Raleigh, North Carolina. Sounds like plastic rattling from both sides of the front suspension at lower speeds. Bought my 09 Ford Edge 2 months ago. Our certified mobile mechanics come to you 7 days a week between 7 AM and 9 PM. document.write(new Date().getFullYear()) They kept it for a few more days and realized that it was the mechanism inside the gas tank that keeps us from hearing the gasoline swish back and forth while we're driving.

After just 1000 miles, the front end started making clunking and creaking noises (like an old bedspring) when going over uneven surfaces or turning a hard left or right especially into a driving into a curve. And mine sound is exactly related to the rotation of the wheel.

Learn More, Instantly book a certified mobile mechanic to come to you, Mechanic diagnoses the problem and quotes necessary repairs, Fair, upfront & transparent pricing for all services. On Ford Escape Forum discover news, discussions, service tips, & technical help for your 2013+ Escape. did you end up replacing the lower control arm bushing? Was it resolved? Still clunked.

2009 Ford Flex SEL AWD w/ Edge 22" Wheels. It has something to do with the struts in the front end and noticed at low speeds when going over bumps. Front end clunks. help! Clunking noise when I drive over bumps Inspection, Ford Edge Control Arm Assembly Replacement, Ford Edge Car Door Lock Actuator Replacement. Gave me the "it's normal...we don't have a fix" story. They replaced my gas tank and I have had no issues since.

The mechanic will inspect the entire front suspension system and likely test drive the car.

He was done within 20mins. One way of finding control-arm bushing wear is to apply the car’s brakes firmly with the engine idling, then cycle the transmission from Park through Drive to reverse repeatedly while listening for noises. Took the car back to dealership and they removed the struts and replaced both the left and right side bearing plates (brackets).