Cons: A quad really isn't that much more now than this, another $30 and you have twice the processing power. Pros: I'm a computer guy. Games are more dependant on your GPU anyway.

Energy efficiency is important to AMD, allowing you to enjoy a cool, quiet PC while saving energy and reducing heat, noise and the effect of your computer on the environment. Even though it has only two cores it can deliver in many benchmarks including gaming. Discussion threads can be closed at any time at our discretion. have been to 4.2 ghz but am at 3.5 now and staying this is a undercover B.E. 5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. this chip and the x2 550 it's almost the same, just cause the cache L3. With HT 3.0 technology the AMD Athlon II X2 240 processor enjoys 4000MHz system bus speeds. Boots vista in less than 20 seconds from power button to desktop. Any idea at what time Ryzen 5000 series are available for purchase tomorrow? You’ll experience up to 50% energy efficiency over previous AMD Athlon II processors. I had an instance of AION, FFXI, and counter strike source and had no lag in the games. Pros: Set FSB to 250, and CPU Voltage to 1.5 = stable 3.5 GHz! Vista feels much quicker than my old e6750 DDR2 system it replaced. AMD Athlon II X2 240e - Procesador Athlon II X2, Socket AM3, PC, 240e, 32-bit, 64 bits, L2: Amazon.com.mx: Electrónicos 48 out of 50 people found this review helpful. RTX 3080 power supply requirements - 850W? AMD Athlon II X2 240 performance The table below shows average multi-threaded performance of the CPU compared to other Socket AM2+ / Socket AM3 chips with the same type of architecture. Overall Review: If your wondering about getting thermal paste etc. 4GB DDR3 1333, G.Skill

The performance value for many processors was determined from …

Pros: Fairly fast In terms of overall gaming performance, the AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 5200+ is noticeably better than the AMD Athlon II X2 240 when it comes to running the latest games. 27C at idle and never over 50C on prime95 %100 load . These technologies reduce power consumption and processor activity.

Be respectful, keep it civil and stay on topic. Pros: Runs 3.2Ghz at stock voltage, cool at even overclocked speeds, can run undervoted at stock speed. We delete comments that violate our policy, which we encourage you to read. WD Caviar Blue 320GB HyperTransport technology, AMD64 technology, integrated memory controller, AMD64 technology, 2MB l2 cache, as apposed to the last generation with 1MB Thank you amd and newegg. The Athlon II X2 features the next-generation AMD Direct Connect Architecture for a fast, responsive PC. Stock cooler is good enough for this chip, Overall Review: Very fast for what you get. Pros: i clocked this little bad mother to 3.5 in the first 10 min and i ran prime95 for hours np with GA-785GMT-USB3 mobo and stock heat sink and fan with AMD,s goo on the bottom. It is amazingly fast and runs aion crysis etc all the newer high end games with ease. Athlon II X2 240 has 2MB of L2 cache and operates at 2.8 GHz.