Now with the R8 you'll get a glorious, rich, loud, and exciting V10 rocketship. Mileage is the biggest factor affecting used Porsches. The R8 and 911 take two very different approaches to the high-performance sports car formula.

It's also faster in a straight line, model year dependent, which is something anyone can experience. Thanks man!

I definitely see what you mean!

Or rather, you wouldn't for very long.

He's not looking to buy it, but to drive it for a day. What is better about the GT3? We serve as Reddit's central hub for vehicle-related discussion including industry news, reviews, projects, videos, DIY guides, art, advice, stories, and more.

... We serve as Reddit's central hub for vehicle-related discussion including industry news, reviews, projects, videos, DIY guides, art, advice, stories, and more. The R8 is named after its V8 right?

New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast.

First I’ve heard about this.

In conclusion... this is r/Porsche. It depends on what you want. Porsche has classic, iconic styling that has evolved through the … Everything I type ends up long-winded and veers off topic and then seems unhelpful. 77.

The Huracan I drove felt more like a true supercar but was a bit more unruly than the GT3. But you will happily drive your 911 every single day, rain or shine.

Ok, for some reason people seem to read "which car should I buy" and not "which car should I drive this day at a track".

Now if you were asking which car to buy, I would take the R8 V10 Plus.

You drive a 911, and people see one of those once an hour.

I think the GT3 will be a much more raw and exciting experience. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast.

This is an excellent point, although even with a 911 I’d be worried when parking in not-so-nice areas.

38. If you want the best track experience, go with the 911.

You can't drive a V10 R8 as a daily driver. R8s are neat, especially R8 RWS. It's the race car of the two. Compound that with the fact (my opinion actually) that the 911 looks better from day one and the aesthetics winner is obvious. Has Audi fixed the frame issues on the R8? By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts, 8p A3 3.2 S-Line. If you want to feel what 10 cylinders generating 600 horsepower behind you sounds and feels like, the R8 is the choice. Then I delete it and try again. If you're inexperienced on a track (which isn't a bad thing at all), you wont enjoy the GT3 as much as the R8.

/r/Cars is the largest automotive enthusiast community on the Internet. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast, Press J to jump to the feed.

It’s not often I get to speak to someone who actually owns both and can speak without bias.

Just my opinion.

This is all coming from my experiences with both cars on/off the track. It's the only car out of 6 I drove at Dream Racing that stepped out on me. The R8 is incredibly high quality, inside and out. The R8 is for the guy who wants to show off. Honda NSX vs Audi R8 V10 vs Porsche 911 Turbo - Chris Harris Drives - Top Gear. It depends on what you want. I’m not sure if it was mentioned here yet, but the 911 specifically ages very well (notice I didn’t apply this to all Porsche models).

Too true, having said that, the Porche is a better car in almost every way ;-), R8 4.2 V8 vs. 911 Carrera ($90Kish) R8 5.2 V10 vs. 911 GT3 or 911 Turbo ($110K to $130Kish) R8 GT vs. GT2 RS ($200K+ish), I would choose 911, GT3, and GT3 again and pocket the other $100K. On the track, the GT3.

The R8 is a supercar, just like the 911, except that the 911 feels more like a normal car: it is easy to get in and out of. Close. If you're someone who really likes high revving engines it doesn't get much better than the GT3. Used R8 interiors do look awful compared to similarly priced 911s. If you haven't driven anything fast you'll have more fun in the R8, since it's much faster (if it's a 2017).

Would you mind elaborating?

1.8m. I’ve driven a friend’s R8 and wow... the sound of the V10 blew me away. Personally the R8 Spyder or any convertible/roadster doesn't really do it for me. A Porsche GT3, while being the more track focused of the two, isn't necessarily an actual GT3 car - those are much more stripped down, all unnecessary weight reduced, and all luxuries removed.

Depends which 911 we are comparing it with.

The R8 is a great car, but a Porsche 911 is just a bit more special. 2020 Audi R8 vs. 2020 Porsche 911 Model Compare Comparing the "2020 Audi R8" and "2020 Porsche 911" Remove.

If you want that sicknasty V10 noise that you will never hear again, go with the R8. I was just wondering, how do all you Porsche fans feel about the R8? Add Another Car 2020 Audi R8 2020 Porsche 911. I think with the r8 its the trickled up effect where there are similar parts shared with the a3 and the r8 versus with the 911 its the opposite its the trickle down effect where an interior of a GT3 is not that far off from my C2S. Press J to jump to the feed.

Both cars are great and you literally can't make a wrong choice. What's that mustang doing in there? Build quality, aesthetics, materials, and drivetrain quality are all close enough that it's personal preference.

I think a 911 GT3 is something that would resonate a bit more with the car community and the R8 is something that resonates a bit more with the common/layperson because it looks a bit closer to what people associate with what a supercar is. Obviously you’re going to get a biased answer by asking this question here, but I had a similar dilemma to you.

/r/Cars is the largest automotive enthusiast community on the Internet. Limiting the search to more fairly comparable models like the Carerra S and the GTS, the average price becomes more competitive to the Audi R8 at around $75,000. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts, 2017 Lamborghini Huracan | 2013 Mazdaspeed3 | 2015 Kawasaki H2, http://www.carsvw.com/2011/06/audi-r8-spyder-v8/, http://www.carsvw.com/2011/06/porsche-911-gt3-rs-4-0/, http://www.carsvw.com/2011/06/lamborghini-reventon-was-built-piece-by-piece-by-a-mechanic-from-china/. 2 years ago.

I think with only 3 laps the R8 would probably be the more engaging experience, the GT3's fun comes from pushing it hard. Plus, it’s a 911... the most iconic sports car of all time. No replacement for displacement, NY MTA | '14 981 Boxster | Former: '01 E46 330ci | '89 E30 325i, '17 R8 V10+ / '17 Model X / '18 Model 3 Performance. Without a doubt the Porsche 911 GT3 RS, that is one of my dream cars. I have no experience driving fast cars although it's something I've always dreamed of.

Once you are in, it … With the long run of the 997, used models vary widely, starting in the mid $30,000 for early first generation models. If you want that sicknasty V10 noise that you will never hear again, go with the R8. video.

There’s just something about the prestige and history of the 911 that your Audi’s, Beemers and Mercs cannot match. :), I'd choose the R8 since it's a lot more rare(+ looks better).

All the R8s I saw on the used market had an awfully aged interior. Getting the full lateral G thrills from a GT3 takes some skill.

And I hear they’re supposed to be much more fun to drive. I got the Xtreme Xperience 3 lap experience to drive either the GT3 or R8 on a racetrack. McLaren 570S vs Audi R8 V10 Plus vs Porsche 911 Turbo S: supercar track battle! Members. I'm thinking the R8 but wanted to see what Reddit thinks.

The 911s are so classy though. Is this Vanilla Ice's house? We serve as Reddit's central hub for vehicle-related discussion including industry news, reviews, projects, videos, DIY guides, art, advice, stories, and more. I've driven a GT3 and a Huracan so I can offer a little bit of light on the two choices.

However at the cost to attain an R8 RWS I'd still buy a GT3 RS. If you don't have an all out car I would get a Porsche but IMO I think I'd rather build a car than buy the Porsche. The 911 is for the guy who wants the best daily driver possible.

Why don't they call the R8 with the V10 in it an R10?