I am not an expert on intercoolers, but I have not seen any great improvement in cylinder life or performance when installed on the Cessna 210. How lucky can a guy be? The Cessna 210 is a fantastic all around airplane and arguably remains the best high performance single ever produced. I have already spent some time discussing landing gear issues. Removing the doors does not change the sequence of events that must happen inside it. Aircraft need constant repair, inspection, and upkeep whether they get used or not. My job and my passion have led me to experiences that are unique and varied and there is hardly an aircraft I have flown I haven’t enjoyed. I currently fly a stock T210G for a local company. As far as I can tell, there is very little, if any, speed difference with or without the mod, although some report a 2-3 knot decrease with them removed. About the Sportsman STOL Our Flap Gap Seal Kit is unlike any other ever offered for Cessna Aircraft. On a turbocharged Continental, mid time engines will often require a top end overhaul. I see no reason to mess with a good thing.

For now, I will continue to divide my affection between several aircraft I can be close to.

25 – 50 gallon under wing tanks. Any other setting is not producing the correct conditions for your engines cooling requirements. This is an aircraft that can carry your load and get you there quick. If it leaks, the water goes into the tank.

Any thoughts would be appreciated at ldwickterjr@gmail.com. […] fly different airplanes, which I liked, because it keeps you on your toes. The 210N/T210N aircraft came from the factory with no gear doors installed on the main gear. Thanks Jim. One, in 1966, was the optional installation of a turbo charger. The revolutionary new installation makes them easy to install, and they remove in minutes and get out of your way for inspections, annuals, and service to the flaps... Our nose wheel pant is the cleanest design on the market. It pieces together with clamps and slip joints. With a wider gear stance, the wheels entered the fuselage further aft when retracted. Everything runs hotter inside the cowling and as a result, causes more wear and tear. If I was involved in repairing a ship after a belly landing where gear doors were damaged, I might give removing the doors some serious consideration, but otherwise I would leave the airplane stock. If the light does not come on, the system will not move on to shut the doors. Once you have a clear mental picture of the electrical and hydraulic schematics, troubleshooting becomes much easier. The general rule is that it cost about one aviation financial unit (AFU – that’s one thousand dollars for single engine piston airplanes) per nautical mile per hour increase in cruise speed. No offense, but some of these pilots are the folks who believe they are immune from the hazards and can handle any situation they are faced with. When the doors are removed, there are also 4 door actuators that are taken off. This new model was certified with a fuel injected 260 horsepower engine and sported a fancy new swept tail. While it is not something that happens often, a pilot should be able to quickly recognize it and deal with it. If this happens, the doors will remain open and the electric motor will continue to run, risking its failure. First, the reasons to love a Cessna 210. Mechanics learn a number of new swear words as they acquire the special skills for this work. The truth is that insurance companies require the same thing for other high-performance singles and charge high amounts if the pilot is low experience and not instrument rated. Some agents are more knowledgeable in areas that others are not. Aircraft Eligibility: It was simply called the “Turbo 210” or “T210”. It’s a different story at higher altitudes. The normally aspirated 210s also have a variety of engine upgrades, with the 300 horsepower IO550 conversion being one of the more popular. They should be open on take off and climb for max cooling and closed during reduced power descents in order to retain the heat. This makes it the best-selling, most widely flown airplane ever built. Now the power comes back to 12 inches and I feel the subtle braking of the propeller. I have worked on a number of turbo models that have been modified by the installation of an intercooler. This may have been an attempt to reduce the manufacturing cost or simplify the system. Less heat to these components is a good thing. The Cessna 210 was introduced into the aviation market place in late 1959 after a 4-year process to develop a high performance, retractable single engine airplane that would compete with the popular Beechcraft Bonanza. I run into folks often who are considering the purchase of an aircraft. The fuel flow needle on the gauge inside the cockpit should rest on the redline during take off and climb until a cruise climb is established. Waste gates, controllers, pressure relief valves, intercoolers and hoses all need service, upkeep and overhaul at the appropriate times. In my opinion, removing the doors makes little difference to the reliability of these aircraft.

Each gear leg has a micro switch that is wired in series so if any one switch is not “made”, the light will not come on. It is very easy to skid a tire, making flat spots on the roll out after landing on all the models. There is no conversation of doing an upgrade because it simply does not make economical sense for an aircraft that is working for a living and performing as well as it does. Flat steel spring landing gear legs were replaced in 1970 with wider tubular steel gear legs. A drawback is insurance; I’m being quoted over 2x the rate for similar coverage on a BE35 or M20J- almost a $2000 difference.

This... Cessna Flap Gap Seal Kit, Cessna 170 thru 210 Models. Your email address will not be published. If I am traveling somewhere with my family or for business, my first choice is the Cessna 210 because it is the most comfortable, stable and fast aircraft I own. Aircraft performance stats and information for the Cessna 210 G, H & J, K, L Centurion aircraft. I have been told that there is a modification to add a light to the power pack tha illuminates whenever the pump is running – do to know anything about this modification? Turbochargers are a great addition to an aircraft, but if you don’t have a specific need for high altitude operation, you may want to consider going with a normally aspirated model. Recently we blew a high pressure hydronic hose and ran the power pack dry.

Fitted with an IO-550, updated avionics, and a comfortable cabin for the family, it is hard to see why I will ever want anything else. Time intervals for overhaul or replacement specified by manufacturers are not regulated by the FAA and there is no requirement to follow this criteria unless you operate the aircraft under a part 135 (charter) certificate or there is an airworthiness directive that requires it. Although the problems are wide and varied, the most common issues generally have to do with electrical problems or low hydraulic fluid. You could say that I have a connection with these aircraft and feel as though I know their heartbeat. Maintenance costs are also higher because leaks in the induction and exhaust systems crop up occasionally and require repair in addition to all the routine adjustments that come up. Interested in your thoughts about a 1962 C210? One of the pilot responsibilities is to manage this heat as much as possible.

The Beechcraft A36 Bonanza • Disciples of Flight, Rotor Wash, Jet Blast and Wake Turbulence. The high-pressure hydraulic fluid is relieved by the valve movement, allowing fluid to simply circulate unpressurized, yet ready to go to work any time the selector is moved again. The Cowl Fairing comes in two pieces and directs the air around the upper nose gear strut adding 3-4 mph in cruise speed to the aircraft. CFGS, Modified Nose Gear Fairing (5.00 X 5 Tire) (CNGF), Fiberglass Modified Nose Gear Fairing (6.00 X 6 Heavy Duty Gear) (CNGF-HD), Fiberglass Modified Main Gear Fairing Kit W/Brake Fairings (6.00 X 6 Tire) Spring Type Landing Gear (CMGF-SP) (Set of Two), Fiberglass Modified Cessna Main Gear Fairing (8.00 X 6 Heavy Duty Tire) Spring Gear, Fiberglass Modified Main Gear Fairing Kit W/Brake Fairings (6.00 X 6 Tire) Tube Style Landing Gear (CMGF-TU), Cessna 182 Cowl Body Fairing Kit. It’s no secret you will need a good mechanic. The factory exhaust systems on the turbo model have an AD note (airworthiness directive) that requires an inspection and pressure test every 50 hours. Luckily, so far in my life, I don’t really have to answer that question. This means you will be doing powered descents from altitude and will need to plan ground speed and descent rates to arrive at the right place at the right altitude at the right power setting. Beechcraft King Air: Over 60 Million Flight Hours and Counting, The Beechcraft 58 Baron: Crown Royalty of the Light-Twin World, The de Havilland Beaver: Arguably the Best Bush Plane Ever Built. I gradually reduce power, followed by a stroke of nose down trim and begin a gentle bank angle that starts almost imperceptibly but gradually increases during the turn as I enter the downwind leg. Looking at one for sale near me and wonder about the expense of maintenance and a pre-buy inspection. I gradually reduce power, followed by a stroke of nose down trim and begin a gentle bank angle that starts almost imperceptibly but gradually increases during the turn as I enter the downwind leg. These lame duck gear legs were controlled by a complex, and what proved to be troublesome hydraulic power pack that also controlled the flaps. Keep in mind this information is for Turbo models. Each variation of hydraulic power pack and electrical interface has its own unique challenges. It was equipped with a complicated and awkward retractable landing gear system that must have been the topic of a lot of hangar talk.