Category: Desktop. Re: Is standoff needed for SSD install in XPS 8930? So maybe the 970 Samsung M.2 NVME ssd  in my XPS 8920 would have worked if I waited longer for the screw to arrive so it could be secured flat?

I don't even know why they need to be locked down flat and I never could get an answer other than it locks it in but it's already plugged it. All you have to do is search for " m.2 ssd mounting screws " on Amazon or Ebay, and you will find tons of vendors. I scavenged an M2x2.5 screw from my Chromebook and will worry about replacing it later. There was a standoff factory-installed in the SSD 2280 mounting hole on the motherboard.

They are too tight to supply the screw but you can buy them on eBay, (I just got one). Maybe I can find one that will work. Your hardware store probably has one that's too long but you could use nuts or washers on it (or cut it if you want to risk stripping the standoff.) • Dell Support on your Windows desktop (U.S. only) — From the Dell Solution Center, click Dell Support for additional documentation, tools, and troubleshooting information. All they had do was tell me you have to get the screw. Dell XPS 8930 with i7-8700 computer processor, the z370 motherboard for the situation has a M.2 PICE and 4 Sata6 hard drive ports,would you be able to utilize every one of the 5 simultaneously or is 1 impaired when you utilize the M.2 on the motherboard?

Required fields are marked *. We only supply screws for hardware we install. DELL XPS 8930 OWNERS MANUAL. Type: Service manual for Dell XPS 8930. No, it shows the standoff (I see it) and it's supposed to be in there unless someone robbed it.

Manual Pdf Xps 8930. I've already looked in the local hardware stores and electronics stores.You can see a photo on page 54 of the service manual which shows the SSD being bolted directly to the motherboard without the standoff:https://topics-cdn.dell.com/pdf/xps-8930-desktop_service-manual_en-us.pdfAny help would be appreciated. • Dell Support on the Internet — The Dell Support website (support.dell.com) provides online tools, including a Knowledge

The online XPS 8920 Service Manual page 12 list all of the screws if you needed to purchase one locally. Search and shop around. User Guide How to Program Ge Universal Remote. Pages: 111 . Hey there, welcome to transferlazim.com, if you wish to find information concerning the guidebook as well as exactly how to install for your needs, below we will supply various other details such as, Specifications, Configuration Guidebook, and so on for you, a little details for you. Xps 8930. JBS - You are obviously familiar with the Internet.

I'm trying to install a Samsung 970 evo SSD in an XPS 8930 but I'm having trouble with the single bolt that physically holds it to the motherboard.There was a standoff factory-installed in the SSD 2280 mounting hole on the motherboard.

https://www-poc.dell.com/community/Inspiron-Desktops/Inspiron-3670-M-2-mount-screw/m-p/6114118#M6047. I see M2 standoffs for sale online but they are larger in diameter so they can accept a larger screw on top. I just checked Amazon for you and there were 4 whole pages of options.