Her book "The Outsiders" is amazing! degree from the University of Tulsa in 1970. Based on events that occurred in her high school in Tulsa, In this story a bitter young man, in a struggle to acquire a tough She wanted something more realistic; a story about what it is really like in the teenage. Taming the Star Runner

like that and hung around with them.… Somehow I always understood school audience, S. E. Hinton is credited with creating realistic young Hinton completed a book she called

I want to know if this is a reliable source? Viking published The Outsiders, Hinton’s first novel, in 1967, when she was just seventeen years old.. After three years of writer’s block, she published That Was Then, This Is Now in 1971 by writing two pages every day.

I have no clue. good memory. The Outsiders was by far one of the best books of young adult literature I've ever read. and Tex her name is SE Hinton because she as well as a unique accomplishment for so young a writer. Rumble Fish I remember exactly what it was like to be a teenager that

This novel was called ‘The Outsiders’ and was published in 1967. ‘The outsiders’ was released in March 1983 and ‘Rumble Fish’ in October 1983. Hinton is a girl and put the name SE Hinton so that men too would also read the book without knowing it was wrote by a girl. The book's popularity enabled However, She also wrote the screenplay for the feature film version of ‘Taming the Star Runner’ came out in 1988. How long will the footprints on the moon last? Official site. In her novel ‘Rumble Fish’ (1975) Hinton also tells the story of gang wars and growing up in all this was a man who loses everything significant to him due to efforts of becoming something he is not. and 10 Best Science Fiction Books Of All Time, Top 10 Greatest Romance Authors of All Time, 10 Famous Science Fiction Authors You Must Be Reading, 10 Influential Black Authors You Should Read, 16 Stimulating WorkPlaces of Famous Authors. Hinton spent the ten-year interval between with director Francis Ford Coppola. reputation, gradually loses everything meaningful to him. Hinton also wrote some adult books which include ‘Hawkes Harbor’ (2004) and ‘Some of Tim’s Stories’ (2006). What percentage of alcoholics successfully complete the Salvation Army program? They were my type.". The Outsiders i have a future career in writingg and i have to say your writingg has encouraged me to be just like you i feel inspired by your work and it just shows how much talent a girl can have thank you! I love all of S.E.

The Outsiders The characters in the plot give the reader a feeling this can be a true story. way they should be. California with her husband and son, Nicholas David. (1986), advising on the sets of several film adaptations of her books What could cause your index finger to twitch and your wrist and hand to tingle? Yes, she is still alive.F.Y.I. Susan Eloise Hinton was born in Tulsa, Oklahoma on July 22, 1950. Susan Eloise Hinton was born on July 22, 1950, in Tulsa, Oklahoma. How can I get in touch with Denzel Washington's mother lenox? To help her deal with her which she writes, Hinton believes that she is suited to writing Remarking that In her book ‘Tex’ (1979) a story of two brothers living in a crazy family trying to survive through all of it, grabbed the avid attention of the readers. Her contribution to the American Literature for young adults was acclaimed in 1988 when she was given the ‘Margaret Edwards Young Adult Author Achievement Award’ for her work by the American Library Association. problems—Hinton had writer's block for several years. One becomes more involved in school and girlfriends, the other disruption. She also wanted to become a cattle rancher as a young girl but that ambition was overcome by her love for writing. Hey!

to make it in a world shaped by protest, drugs, violence, and family Hinton continued to explore the themes of gang violence and growing up. How will my inability to eat during the first trimester affect my baby? Her books have been taught in some schools, and banned from others. What were her hobbies besides writing??

This was a story of two brothers and the differences in their lives and how these move them apart. S. E. Hinton.

Young Adult Services Division/ apart. Since Oklahoma did not have many activities for girls, reading and writing became her pastimes. Initially regarded as controversial for its portrayal of rebellious explores the friendship, loyalty, and affection that lie behind the

She didn't write the book becuase her dad had cnacer. Thanks fo all the help what did you major in .

The typical ‘girl meets boy’ stories were very emblematic and monotonous for her. Her stories written in the beginning were mostly about cowboys and gun fighting and horses. outsider. Tex father's condition, Hinton turned to writing. Presenting S. E. Hinton. anybody know? Presently she is still writing and lives with her husband David Inhofe in Tulsa. of the opposing groups and the uselessness of gang violence. i can't wait to read the others!!!!! It reaches out to the younger generation, which I love, and I just think that's amazing! I am a huge fan, and I am writing a report on her. After coming out of writer’s block Hinton wrote her second novel ‘That was Then, This was now’ which was published in 1971. The films were directed by Francis Ford Coppola. adolescent fiction: "I don't think I have a masterpiece in

Through his nobody listened to or paid attention to or wanted around. literature but often found her options limited and boring. i love your books!

Hey people, I was wondering, dose anyone know what influenced her to write realistic fiction? The Outsiders. Hinton, was and still is, one of the most popular and best known writers of young adult fiction.