Factory .357 loads ranged from 1500 fps up to 2000 feet per second depending on the brand of ammo. Texas Proud. With the right loads, this rifle is quite capable of taking deer out to 100 yards. (My apologies for the low-resolution image). It functions very well with 38’s or .357’s so you can shoot either in the 1894, making it equally well suited for hunting or target shooting. After all, I will be using the same .357 ammo in my revolver as the rifle.

There is one drawback to the rifle. Besides the 38/357 chamberings, Marlin is making the new carbines available in .44 Special/.44 Magnum. From the looks of the information posted in this thread on AR15.com, there are a number of new lever action rifles poised to hit the market. I did manage to find a used one and had it shipped from New Hampshire to Georgia to my local gun shop, only to discover that UPS managed to rip open the box and loose the bolt. MI Marlin® M-Lok T1/Micro Red Dot Side Mount 100 % Made in the USA. XS Sight Systems XS Lever Rail Marlin 1895 Picatinny/Weaver Rail Black ML-6003R-... XS Sight Systems XS Lever Rail Marlin 1895 Picatin... Our Low Price $71.48 ... DNZ Game Reaper Marlin 1894, 1895, 336, XLR 30mm Scope Rings and Base Combo Medi... DNZ Game Reaper Marlin 1894, 1895, 336, XLR 30mm S... Our Low Price $76.15 XS patented Lever Scout™ Picatinny Style rail allows easy forward mounting of Scout Scopes or Red Dot Sights. Although details are slim at the moment, information from multiple sources is revealing a variety of new Marlin lever action rifles set to be available to consumers soon. ©Copyright 2020 XS Sight Systems, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Although details are slim at the moment, information from multiple sources is revealing a variety of new Marlin lever action rifles set to be available to consumers soon. All of the loads shot well in the rifle but velocities varied depending on the powder used in the hand loads or the brand of factory ammo. This System allows shooting

Pulsar Thermion XQ50 Thermal Scope RSR Group is a nationwide distributor of firearms and shooting sports accessories. My next move was to look at the lever action guns by Marlin, Rossi and Henry. It shoots pretty flat and enough power for deer out to a 100 yards or so. Mounts rock solid to withstand the heaviest recoil. Wow..that’s great…let me run out and get more of that Lawman ammo..you guested it…that ammo has been discontinued. Below is a table with some of the tested loads. It has an 18.5″ barrel with deep-cut Ballard-type rifling, adjustable iron sights, sling swivel studs and a checkered American black walnut straight-grip stock. For testing I added an old 3X weaver.

Install was easy and quality is great. Never fear, I have a loading press and when you have a rifle that shoots pistol ammo, hand loading makes this combo shine. Along with the hand loads, I had three factory .357 Magnum loads I wanted to chronograph. You may also want to read about the Ruger 77/357 review and test. Finally found the Marlin in the photo above and I am very happy with the gun so far. My goal was to get 2000 fps using a 158 grain bullet, so I backed off a full grain of powder to 18.0 grains of Lil’ Gun pushing the 158’s to a tad over 2000 fps.