Plan on attending the Annual Sport Pilot Expo. Rotax 912 ULS DCDI 100CV* Moteur 4 temps développé exclusivement pour les aéronefs récréatifs.

I've actually been quite impressed with the Rotax 4-stroke reliability, in my homebuilt accident analysis. ASB-915 i A-006, ASB-912 i-010 Inspection and/or replacement of fuel pump assy. Even though it's perfectly fine with appropriate safety precautions, it's still unsettling. If the ULS engine are installed with Open Loop Cooling,  You will see slow warmups and owners taping over the radiators during cold weather in order to keep the engine from being Over-Cooled. Aircraft Installation Instructions, SI-912 i-004, SI-912-018, SI-914-020, SI-915 i-003 Purging of lubrication system, SI-PAC-016 and SI-912i-025 Optional Fuel Pump Assy, Intro to SI PAC 020 Fuel Pressure Damper Assy. The new Sport Pilot rule makes flying affordable! Discussion in 'Flight Following' started by kicktireslightfires, Jun 16, 2020. I see you live in North Ridgeville, OH.

(Other than 50 pounds.).

I'm trying to stay somewhere around 75K total.

Rotax-Owner.com is a web based support system which provides a common access point for locating key Information - Education - Support for their Rotax Aircraft Engines such as the Rotax 912, Rotax 914, Rotax 912 iS, Rotax 915 iS, Rotax 503 and Rotax 582. This decision can be reversed. Ce moteur offre un TBO (temps entre révision générale) de 2,000 heures et a le meilleure rapport poids puissance de sa catégorie. I have a Rotax 912 ULS (S/N 5645095) that was new in 2005 and has been in an Alpi Pioneer 200 since new.

Top. Of all the Rotax 100hp 912 uls in our area, non have made it to 1000 hrs, see the above example engines.

I was once told, “the Rotax 912 is the aviation equivalent to a Honda motorcycle engine.” That’s an impressive claim. ASB-915 i A-006, ASB-912 i-010 Inspection and/or replacement of fuel pump assy.

Leaner equels hotter.

Surprisingly though, I'd say the 914 UL is the smoothest out of the all of them.

Remove Cookies The hardest part is having to get so close to a spinning prop. Le Rotax 912 est un moteur à explosion avec refroidissement mixte air (cylindres) - eau (culasses).

You really don't notice that. No power means no fuel (regardless of how much spark you have), resulting in...no power! It may also be deliberate, you can in a computer system look at startup and warmup parameters and lean off even more to deliberately warm up..I do not know if Rotax has done this. They sound terrible but truth is they have proven to be exceptionally reliable and good performers. and ROTAX factory in Gunskirchen, Austria. We have recently found it has been hard to turn over and after finding the thread on here regarding this we slackened off the number 2 cyl studs and sure enough it freed up indicating a fretted crankcase. Remove Cookies Carburetors are old technology, not well suited to different altitudes, step up to the 1980's and get a fuel-injected engine.

Prop speeds are substantially lower. There was a crash of a Diamond Twinstar. They all have different operators, different aircraft, different props, so I am of the opinion that it is not the operators. The discussion forum for Sport Pilots and Light Sport Aircraft, Postby Mark Gregor » Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:24 pm, Postby MrMorden » Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:21 am, Postby MrMorden » Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:23 am, Postby drseti » Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:31 pm, Postby jetcat3 » Sun Feb 26, 2017 2:01 pm, Postby FastEddieB » Sun Feb 26, 2017 2:48 pm, Postby jetcat3 » Sun Feb 26, 2017 9:21 pm, Postby 3Dreaming » Sun Feb 26, 2017 10:35 pm, Postby FastEddieB » Mon Feb 27, 2017 7:35 am, Postby MrMorden » Mon Feb 27, 2017 8:09 am, Postby FastEddieB » Mon Feb 27, 2017 8:11 am, Postby FastEddieB » Mon Feb 27, 2017 8:36 am, Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests, Constructive topics of interest related to aviation that do not match the other section descriptions below (as long as it is somewhat related to aviation, flying, learning to fly, sport pilot, light sport aircraft, etc.). Contrary to common belief, the thermostat is Not there to keep the engine Cool, it is there to keep the engine HOT!

Be sure you are comparing Apples...The 912is installations may be more "Sophisticated.".

The Rotax 912 was first sold in 1989 in non-certificated form for use in ultralights and motorgliders. A nouveau, l’exigence est de mise : Confort, Performance, Sécurité, Fiabilité, Rendement, Silence, Esthétisme et Aérodynamisme font l’objet d’évolutions notables. I haven't heard of Rotax powered planes falling from the sky. You do not have permissions to reply to this topic. You just described an excellent way to make a 20 minute procedure into an all day project. Bill Hertzel Rotax 912is North Ridgeville, OH, USABill.Hertzel@Yahoo.com Clicking the "Thank You" is Always Appreciated.

Also, you can take Rotax maintenance classes that will allow you to perform maintenance and inspections yourself. Fuel burn for 912iS is 4 gph vs. 5gph for the ULS, on a cross-country that can easily mean an extra fuel stop. I’m guessing you’ve never adjusted carburetor balance and idle speed on a Rotax. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device. SB-915 i A-005, SB-915 i B-005 Inspection of turbocharger assy.

The wear on the dogs is only on the drive side of the dog.

The O-200 is a reliable engine, but I haven't heard of issues with Rotax either. I will share your information with the RV-12 VAF group.

You have declined cookies. For instance, changing oil and filter at recommended Rotax intervals and keeping vibrations to a minimum (carbs sync’t).

By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device. ROTALK NEWS Episode 4ROTAX's 915iS-powered Aquila A211 test aircraft, the Scheibe SF-25C Falke (first-ever 912-equipped aircraft!) Flying Sting S4 ( N184WA ) out of Illinois.

It currently has 750 hrs on it (I have owned since 600). Be kind to that gearbox! My 912is has both an Oil Thermostat and a Coolant Thermostat.It warms up quickly due to the fact that both coolant systems are essentially disabled by the thermostats until the temperature reaches 185°F.

). There is a guy at my field that tore down a 912 at TBO and said there was absolutely no need to overhaul it. Rotax-Owner.com is a web based support system which provides a common access point for locating key Information - Education - Support for their Rotax Aircraft Engines such as the Rotax 912, Rotax 914, Rotax 912 iS, Rotax 915 iS, Rotax 503 and Rotax 582. I'm told over in the VAF RV-12 forum that the 912iS warms up to 122F Oil Temp much faster than the 912ULS.