Founded by Frank Galli in 2014, Sniper’s Hide has been offering informational videos, podcasts, and other support to it’s users in one location. MagnetoSpeed barrel mounted ballistic chronograph. In rifle cartridges, these bullets are highly recommended when good expansion and deep penetration in medium and heavy game are required at short to medium ranges. The #1540 was introduced in 1956. Jan 13, 2018 The weight was an interesting choice, heavy for a 308 Winchester (Win) and light for a 300 Winchester Magnum (Win Mag). The 150 grain #2135 is ideal for quick shots at whitetails or smaller black bears in heavy cover. Velocities for the loads ranged from 2,737 to 2,983 feet/second with an average velocity of 2,845 feet/second. muleman69 USMC -1st marine Div. The large, 300 Win Mag AICS AX magazine I am using on this rifle is fairly spacious when compared to the 308 version. I modeled these two loads out to 1,000 yards in 200 yard increments on my ballistic calculator. Specifically, these bullets are suitable for any handgun cartridge that will produce 2200 to 2500 fps at the muzzle. They are suitable for all game, from varmints to large game, such as elk, if the bullet weight is matched to game weight. For over 70 years Sierra Bullets has been dedicated to the manufacture of the most accurate bullets in the world. Sergeant. If you get a chance to pick up a box, I would suggest giving them a try. The bullet weight performs admirably on deer-sized game and is suited to larger deer and black bear at shorter ranges. I decided to use an overall length of 3.585″, allowing a .015″ jump to the lands. Does size matter? The shorter length for a given weight of each of these bullets, compared to longer Spitzer-shaped bullets of the same weights, may provide superior stability and accuracy in some handguns. Thread starter muleman69; Start date Dec 22, 2017; muleman69 USMC -1st marine Div. 300 Winchester Magnum Powder Minimum Maximum Charge (grains) Velocity (fps) Charge (grains) Velocity (fps) IMR 4007SSC 68.8 3145 76.5C 3522 Win 760 68.5 3170 76.1 3500 A-4350 72.9 3197 81.1C 3586 *RL 17 69.6 3194 77.3 3601 H4350 71.6 3162 79.5C 3529 Hybrid 100V 69.6 3233 77.4C 3572 Powder Like this post? To see how barrel length effects velocity in the 300 Win Mag, take a look at 300 Winchester Magnum: How Does Barrel Length Change Velocity- A 16″ 300 Win Mag? does anyone have a pdf file for sierra's 300 winmag, ive got some 190s, and 220's I would like to work up a good load for? In fact, these bullets are very effective in any 30 caliber cartridge if a muzzle velocity level of 2500 to 2600 fps is not exceeded. Sierra's unique Power Jacket design assures uniform bullet upset and expansion at this velocity level with traditional Sierra accuracy.

While this bullet is generally considered too "hard" for handgun hunting situations, the 120 grain #1720 bullet would be a good choice for medium game at short ranges. Good ballistic shape and traditional Sierra accuracy make this bullet an excellent choice for all target work. All values assume a 100 yard zero, elevation at sea level, and a temperature of 59F. They are suitable for all game, from varmints to large game, such as elk, if the bullet weight is matched to game weight. 165 gr. The cannelure on each bullet is precisely located to provide the proper over-all-length (OAL) for fast, trouble-free feeding. These are short-range bullets due to their nose design and will be suitable only when maximum ranges do not exceed 125 to 150 yards. Compared to my other favorite 300 Win Mag bullets, the 190 SMK with a BC of .533, 210 SMK (not shown) with a BC of .670 above 2,500 feet/second, and 220 SMK with a BC of .629 above 2,100 feet.second, the 195 TMK offers middle of the pack performance in terms of BC. WARNING: The loads shown are for informational purposes only. Bill Marr

Savage Axis HB Review: Sub MOA for sub $300? Before selecting a starting load, I scoured different sources looking at data for 190 to 200 grain projectiles to establish a baseline starting point. This short length for a given weight allows a rifle barrel to stabilize a considerably heavier round-nose bullet than would be possible with a Spitzer-pointed bullet of the same weight, which would be considerably longer. All data was recorded with a MagnetoSpeed barrel mounted ballistic chronograph. However, this bullet will deliver to outstanding accuracy in long-range target competition and high momentum downrange for silhouette competition from handgun barrels with standard twist rates. 300 Winchester Magnum: How Does Barrel Length Change Velocity- A 16″ 300 Win Mag? Tipped MatchKing (TMK) and VARGET, I’ve taken a few trips to the range developing a load for my 22″ barrel 6.5 Creedmoor precision rifle. My testing with the 308 Win showed the 195 TMK was a great alternative to the 175 SMK. Standard deviation of the loads range from 12.2 to 38.8 feet/second with an average of 19.6 feet/second. The cannelure on each bullet is precisely located to provide the proper over-all-length (OAL) for fast, trouble-free feeding. The #2120 bullet is especially well suited to Hunter Benchrest, where it has become very popular. The 72.5 grain load of H4831SC was impressive (above), 5 rounds in .366″ (.350 MOA) with a velocity of 2,835 feet/second and an SD of 12.9. This bullet will perform well at longer ranges on medium game from the 264 Winchester Magnum and the 6.5x284 cartridges, but it will be too fragile for close-range shots. While you are at it, if you want a good laugh, take a gander at Does size matter?

For handguns, Sierra's Pro-Hunter design is generally considered too "hard" for all but the most powerful of the 30 caliber handgun cartridges. This is the test rifle I’ll be using.

Handguns chambered for the 308 Winchester cartridge or cartridges of similar size can use these bullets over maximum hunting loads at short range. Sedalia, MO 65301 Specifically, this bullet is suitable for any handgun cartridge that will produce 2200 to 2500 fps at the muzzle. The pinpoint accuracy of this bullet makes it a good choice for both varmints and target competition. These are loads that I developed for and shoot in this very rifle. They are suitable for all game, from varmints to large game, such as elk, if the bullet weight is matched to game weight. If you have a 308 Winchester with a 1:10″ twist (see:Sierra .308 195 gr. The #2120 can be used for medium game at 30-30 level velocities when loaded at or near maximum levels. The barrel on this rifle is 24″ long, fairly short for a 300 Win Mag- especially for the heavier bullets. In the past, I’ve focused on the 210 gr SMK for this rifle and have achieved great accuracy for a gun of this type. These are short-range bullets due to their nose design and will be suitable only when maximum ranges do not exceed 125 to 150 yards. (888) 223-3006 It is very destructive at high velocity and is an excellent long-range varmint bullet. HPBT Match168 gr. In the past I’ve experiments with a number of primer options, but haven’t found one primer particularly beneficial over another in magnum cases.