10900 Wilshire Blvd. Toyota Tacoma owners have reported 84 My old cell phone was smaller, so while driving I usually kept it in the slot next to my gear shifter.

Roaring has become worse, vibration was somewhat abated, but still there. Rear axle seals leaking after previous repair. I let it rest a couple of minutes, and it started normally and I drove off. Paint, Rust, Leaks, Rattles, and Trim (8%).

U bolt snapped on the drivetrain and drive shaft bent.

CUSTOMER STATES VEHICLE SLOW TO TAKE OFF FROM STOPS ~|~FOUND CLUTCH BAD ~|~NEEDS CLUTCH PRESSURE PLATE & RESURFACE APPROX COST $936.00 PLUS TAX NOTE***Just repaired all of this a year ago! Display sometimes does not work while radio is on.

This has happened three times in two days, not every time I stop. Also please check out the statistics and reliability analysis of Toyota Tacoma based on all problems reported for the Tacoma. They also replaced CV joints (persistent low hum), and performed one recall-repair. Front left wheel bearing and lower ball joint replaced. Note: the date given is for the first of several incidents. I checked Toyota forums and found out numerous complaints about the same issue that I have . Leaking rear seals on differential right and left sides. I know that others with the same model have this problem.

went through arbitration for driveahaft issue, toyota would not buyback.

When you take your foot off of the gas, the computer prepares to brake and thus the tranny prepares for a stop he said. They tested it and drove it 80 miles, but they couldn't find anything wrong or anything that could be fixed under warranty.

The contact stated the vehicle has had problems with the cruise control.

The vehicle was taken to the dealer and a technician concluded that the computer software failed.

Delayed engagement in these Tacoma models is a public safety concern, as many owners have extensively complained about the transmission’s failure to engage while driving on the streets. See I plugged my blackberry into the car charger and placed the blackberry in my backpack on the passenger seat. Additionally, when you go to very low speeds and make a sharp turn the rpms jump to about 3,000 and then it feels like the transmission kicks in.

So they are telling me that they have designed a vehicle that is designed to shift down to second, not third at 70mph.

The cruise is turned on. Transmission shifts erratically at slower speeds. 2009 Toyota Tacoma,5 speed aic transmission. I'm not buying it. Noticed slop in driveshaft carrier bearing while checking everything out. When I subsequently shifted to neutral, the first time the engine returned to normal, the second time the engine raced to redline so I turned off the ignition. Bad drive shaft vibration between 15-25 mph, driveshaft vibration, feplaced driveshaft problem still exists with same harshness. Added short throw shifter and input shaft sleeve to pro-long the life of the latter. The current mileage was approximately 4,100. I called Toyota's national office, and they said that if the dealer didn't find anything wrong, then there was nothing they could do.

Learn about this problem, why it occurs, and how to fix it. Also please check out the Has caused two minor single vehicle accidents.

A very common aic transmission problem, delayed engagement refers to the delay that occurs for a few seconds when shifting into gear or between park, drive, reverse, or neutral. Rear axle seal leaking. It was determined the carrier bearing for the driveshaft and the rearmost driveshaft U-joint required replacement.

Transfer case replaced with new oem part. I had a 2001 Tacoma before purchasing this new one and it did not do this. I no longer charge my blackberry with the lighter charger and have not had any subsequent problems. Also, see repair breakdown by problem area and cost. Replaced transmission.

The transmission hesitates when attempting to accelerate. Toyota Tacoma Automatic Transmission May Not Shift Correctly at High Mileages - 247 reports. Vehicle: 2009 Toyota Tacoma; 4 cyl. Another driver recalls backing out of their driveway and waiting “up to 1 minute without the transmission engaging” when they put it in drive, arguing this to be “a major safety issue as you can be stranded in traffic until the transmission engages”.

When coming to a stop, the engine will rev up to 5000 rpm.