Yes, but for some reason the monitor does not detect my laptop when I use the Displayport cable I have tried unplugging everything and plugging it back in and nothing helps. And since it’s G-Sync, that’s the only way to get G-Sync working. I noticed when accidentally opening nvidia control panel that my 120hz screen Asus VG236 was locked to 60hz, I tried to change I looked at the common spots. What online site is telling you that your monitor is 60Hz? If you do, only use Adaptive in NVIDIA-CP. I had two other AOC C24G1 whose max is 144hz in PC mode. Or set it to 200 Hz and it …

My acer predator is stuck on 60hz even though I am using DP and have 2 1070's in SLI.

Is it possible to run at 240 hz? You probably already … Now Nvidia Surround can only do 60hz.

Well yea, don't use VSync, period. Updated my drivers and created a custom preset but the monitor just wont work. I recently bought an Alienware AW2518H G-Sync 240Hz monitor. Yes, I have tried to change the settings in the NVIDIA Control Panel, to no avail. I’be had this setup before must have resetted with a driver update or so. Usually it will be mini display port or usbc now. I checked the Nvidia control panel and display properties in Windows but the max refresh rate is still at 60Hz. Hey, HDMI only supports 60hz. My apologies, that would be the cause of the issue is using the HDMI as it may be the limitations of the port on the laptop and the cable. Also, older monitors use HDMI 1.4 rather than 2.0, so the HDMI ports are incapable of driving 120-144hz.

Any help is greatly appreciated. This makes zero sense to me. Assuming that is your card is running you games with a high enough frame rate to begin with.

For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. Any ideas?

That too but I also checked nvidia control panel. Because I changed graphics cards like 6 months ago I used an adapter for the 120hz screen so now I changed it to the dvi port on the gfx card and now it works. Although 60Hz should provide a good experience, using a higher screen refresh rate of 144Hz or even 240Hz will offer a much better and smoother gaming experience.

Do you have a browser running by any chance? How to fix laptop if it is stuck on Welcome screen without formatting? All trademarks are property of their respective owners in the US and other countries. When I …

My AOC G2460FQ is set to 144hz in Nvidia control panel and windows monitor settings, using a displayport cable and a GTX 970.

Install latest drivers from the Lenovo support homepage. Couldn’t find anything. Also, not sure if this is related, but some text appears blurry. testufo.com Alternatively feel free to reach to our social media channels, private messaging Facebook (https://dell.to/2JQrlCh) or a direct message on Twitter (https://dell.to/34rTCIw), So would having it be hdmi to DisplayPort be able to get 240hz, 1.4 HDMI supports 120hz on 1080p the problem you are having is you are connecting hdmi which doesn’t have direct connection to the GPU. All rights reserved. This is a curved monitor, and I could be mistaken, but I think this issue is limited towards the top of the monitor. You will find out what to do, to change some settings or sort out your hardware, to set your monitor to … Yeah, because the adapters are DVI Single Link. When you connect via hdmi to a laptop it is reading the intel onboard chip no matter how much you like it. You said in your OP that you set it up in NVIDIA-CP to 144Hz, so which is it? Thank you! I have tried toggling the Sharpness and it does not help (see third screenshot). Note: This is ONLY to be used to report spam, advertising, and problematic (harassment, fighting, or rude) posts. There are frequent comments about TestUFO being "stuck at 60Hz". They tend to lock your refresh rate to 60 when hardware acceleration is turned on. Press J to jump to the feed. Unfortunately, ACER only warrants 60Hz max for its HDMI port even though the adapter may support higher frame rates. If that is only showing that 60hz is available have a look in the inbuilt monitor settings, like the physical monitors settings, sometimes they come default to 60hz and you have to enable high refresh rate there first. If I read the specs on the H version of that monitor correctly and they are to be believed, it only does 120Hz via dvi. Blur Busters TestUFO Motion Tests. I have looked through the menu and I still was unable to find anything to get my monitor … I did some research and the monitor has HDMI 2.0 port and the laptop has only 1.4 HDMI port. You might need to click on “More Options” to see the “Send Message” option. I am stuck at 60Hz regardless of what cable I use, HDMI or DP. Instead, you want to select the “PC” category, then 120hz will unlock. That's strange you should only need to use AMD control panel not Nvidias since you are using an AMD GPU? So I am currently using an HDMI cable. I connected it to a laptop Lenovo Legion Y520 through HDMI cable 2.0. Have you tried switching to display port or using HDMI? (HELP)Lenovo ideapad 300-ib14r stuck at Logo can't do anything, Hp 14" laptop stuck on windows hard reset, My toshiba satellite c650-028 is stuck in a restart loop, BIOS update stuck with Toshiba HDTB410EK3AA, Few keys on RGB keyboard stuck on a color, Toshiba satellite L40 stuck at checking NVRAM, Aspire E14 - Laptop charging stuck at 86%, Stuck in bios after Macrium Reflect restore, Laptop freeze after startup and stuck with not blinking dash on the corner, Lenovo ideapad 510 stuck in logo, nothing seems to work. Just bought this monitor, why is it stuck at 60hz in the display settings? Please help, EVO Gaming Computer stuck on Aptio Setup Utility. Do you have a browser running by any chance? Main monitor is an Acer XB25Q set at 240hz.

Just bought this monitor, why is it stuck at 60hz in the display settings?