I had the same issue, so I tried to log in by wow.exe (in programfiles) and that did work for me. Restarting Battle.net (and even the computer), trying to kill the Agent.exe process or every process related to Battle.net doesn't get rid of this issue on my system. In most cases, there's nothing to be done because the problem is on Blizzard's side of things and has nothing to do with your PC setup. 2 Likes. Sandalf-kul-tiras. All that happens is that it tries to start Battle Net again…. Something went wrong", The app doesn't launch, it sits at error "Blizzard Agent went to sleep, Attempting to wake it up...". Go to Program Files (x86) > World of Warcraft > _ Retail _ > Click on Wow.exe. Cellinda-the-maelstrom. Blizzard agent went to sleep. You can still launch the games manually using their specific executable files. Powered by Hatena Blog March 13, 2020, 11:47pm #29. Navigate to the folder containing the Battle.net directory: Press Windows key + R to open the Run dialogue. How to resolve this problem when downloading an update, What to do if you get a "Something went wrong" error when logging in to the Blizzard Battle.net Mobile App, How to resolve this error when redeeming a Blizzard Balance code, World of Warcraft Arena World Championship. Attempting to wake it up ", with the BLZBNTBNA00000005 error code. Please try again later. I've been using Lutris to play some Blizzard games on my Ubuntu 18.04 desktop and I kept running into the same two issues over and over again. If the steps above did not resolve your problem, visit our Technical Support forum or contact us . KB4537572 and 4551762 but Both of those were installed and PC rebooted yesterday and games loaded and played fine. For more, check out the links above, and keep your eyes on GameSkinny for more Call of Duty: Warzone guides. The issues are easy to fix, but not obvious, so I thought I'd share the fix with you in case you run into the same problems. That happens to be the case with Call Of Duty: Warzone right now, as the servers crashed immediately following a recent maintenance period. Please try restarting the Battle.net app. Just go to your install location and run the executables instead of the launcher file, Doesn’t work with Overwatch (at least for me), This is the file you wanna run imgur. 1 Like. There are two possible causes for the issue. Run a security scan to remove any viruses or malware infections. If you were hoping for a relaxing weekend battle royale action, you might be in for a bit of disappointment. ©2020 Blizzard Entertainment, Inc. All rights reserved. Did they say how long the issue will take to get resolved? Select all Agent, Blizzard, and game processes, and click End Process. Ty splits his time between writing horror fiction and writing about video games. After 25 years of gaming, Ty can firmly say that gaming peaked with Planescape Torment, but that doesn't mean he doesn't have a soft spot for games like Baldur's Gate, Fallout: New Vegas, Bioshock Infinite, and Horizon: Zero Dawn. He has previously written for GamerU and MetalUnderground. He also writes for PortalMonkey covering gaming laptops and peripherals. Can't log in into Call of Duty Warzone because you've run into Blizzard Agent issues? The solution is simpler than you may think! New Cache - article_comments_article_65710, How to Get the Cryo Dismemberment in Call of Duty: Warzone, Warzone C4 Guide: How to Throw C4 Farther, Detonate It Faster, Call of Duty Warzone Fractured Intel Missions Guide, CoD Warzone Fennec and CR-56 Amax: How to Get Them, Call of Duty: Warzone Rumble Tips and Tricks, How to Use a Controller in Call Of Duty Warzone on PC, Type "Firewall" in the search box and select "Firewall & Network Protection", Click the "Allow an App Through the Firewall" link, Close Battle.net entirely (not just minimized to the system tray), In AVG, navigate to Settings -> Full Protection ->Enhanced Firewall -> Packet Rules, Look for the Battle.net Agent open port usually found at the file location C:/ProgramData/Battle.net/Agent/Agent.6700/Logs, Check to see the number at the Agent Started On Port # section, Find the number after the colon in the line Checking Network Connection Status, Change the Battle.net Agent setting to Allow, Add Battle.net to the TCP/UDP Protocol In/Out Direction, Move the new exception up to the top of the list and click OK, Close the AVG window and re-open the Battle.net launcher.