© 2020 American City Business Journals. ALL BODY ... 1970. A new 455HO option appeared, rated at 335hp. 1866 1970 24237 G.T.Os made in canada (442 WT1 judges) (526 with L74 Ram air III)(269 with L74 RAIII/M40 combo) 288 judges imported into the US from Canada 133 455's produced in canada 1003 hardtop Judges with … Good luck on the build. The result was the fastest GTO ever sold, with a pavement-wrinkling 400 (net) hp available to send the coupe hurtling through the quarter-mile in around 13 seconds. With GM finally lifting the 400 cubic inch corporate engine limit for the intermediate-size cars, new to the 1970 GTO option list was a 455 cubic inch engine rated at 360 hp. I am interested in determining production numbers for this car. I have no idea how many of those were black. I believe I read somewhere on this site (of course I cannot find it now ) that there were 269 Oshawa-built 24237 GTOs built in 1970...Would this include Hardtops/convertibles/judges ??? My original color was Grenada gold with a dark green cordova top. Hi Tom, thanks for visiting our website! The functional hoodscoops were labeled with “Ram Air” decals for the Ram Air III cars and “Ram Air IV” decals for the Ram Air IV cars. Hope this helps.

(Striping moved from the beltline to above the wheel openings, perhaps to accentuate the change.) Our recommendations are to contact Pontiac Historic Services (http://www.phs-online.com/) and/or browse the http://www.gtoheaven.com/gtostats/gtostats.html website. Get your answers by asking now.

What type of oil for 2003 pontiac vibe gt standard transmission? I see a subtitle under the “GTO” on the fender of the Red 1970 convertible.

Welcome Bill from PEI.

2-door coupe 2-door sedan Convertible Tri-Power 389 4-bbl Total Production: 18,422 ... 455 4-bbl, M/T 455 4-bbl, A/T Total Production Total Convertible Judges: 24 13 174 114 887 2,173 158 241 3,783 162: 1965. I love it.

this is all the 70 gto info i have seen from GM documentation. Other available engines were the 400 cubic inch Ram Air III and 400 cubic inch Ram Air IV. Off the top of my head, 397 Judges had the RAIV engine.

(The 455 appeared in the Judge mid-year.) 72 of those were aic, so the difference is 4-speed production. How many 1970 gto 455 ho hard tops came out of the factory with a hood mounted tach. Pontiac altered the GTO's styling for 1970, giving it a new Endura nose with exposed headlamps, bodyside creases, and a revised rump. 1970 GTO Judge Convertible (Photo courtesy cars-on-line.com), Hi….I’m the new owner of a 1970 GTO Convertible that I bought in Atlanta and shipped to British Columbia. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners who may combine it with other information that you’ve provided to them or that they’ve collected from your use of their services. If I'm off with my numbers, it's just by a few. this is all the 70 gto info i have seen from GM documentation. Model year 1970 was the year when GM lifted its cubic-inch ban. You have a great and very specific question that we don’t have an immediate answer to. I have read elsewhere that there were 413, 1970 non-Judge Ram Air III aics built (hardtops and convertibles ). The ’06 GTO was largely a carryover from ’05, with the 6.0-liter (368 ci) LS2 V8 still under the twin-nostrilled hood. Model year 1970 was the year when GM lifted its cubic-inch ban. Pretty ugly color combo if u ask me. I would like to know how many 1970 gto with 455ho ram air /cooler air induction were made. All Rights Reserved, Use of this Site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement (updated 5/25/18) and Privacy Policy and Cookie Statement (updated 5/25/18). The base engine for the 1970 GTO was a four-barrel carbureted 400 rated at 350 hp. Are you thinking of buying a 2007 muscle car, or any other car? Thanks.

All 17 were aics. According to posts in https://www.gtoforum.com/threads/1970-gto-455-ram-air.122490/, there wasn’t an official Ram Air (or cooler air induction as you’ve called it) 455 in 1970, but the Ram Air hood scoops on a 455 was an extra-cost option.

Wow what a car!! However, there's no way to find out how many of those were black. However, the 1970 Pontiac GTO Judge was all about unbridled muscle car performance. Late in the model year, the 455 was made available in the Judge. you may also try pontiac historical services or poci, i was in a hurry back then thats why i wrote who the hell cares, go to wikipedia if you want a quick answer. Pontiac ignited the classic muscle car era with a stroke of, Muscle cars came in many shapes and sizes. Which Hurst Hatch design does my '78 Pontiac Trans Am have? See Consumer Guide Automotive's New-Car Reviews, Prices, and Information. We’re there any 1970 gto’s ordered in orbit orange, not including Judge’s, It’s our understanding that Orbit Orange was a Judge only color in 1970. More than 6,800 Judges--not quite 10 percent of all GTO production in 1969--were built in its debut year.

The hood-mounted tachometer and the Rally II wheels remained as available options. I’m afraid we don’t have the answer to your question. Tom. Bought 09 Pontiac G5, is it considered a muscle car or sports car? We haven’t found any production numbers for 1970 455 GTOs optioned with the Ram Air hood scoops, so we recommend checking with Pontiac Historic Services (http://www.phs-online.com/) to see if they have records of that number. Join Yahoo Answers and get 100 points today. What are the spec’s on that car? We and our partners will store and/or access information on your device through the use of cookies and similar technologies, to display personalised ads and content, for ad and content measurement, audience insights and product development. ALL BODY STYLES. Just wondering how many granada gold 70s were built and maybe I could have the first one build date the 4th week in september 1970, Your email address will not be published.