The timing, requirements, and money involved will be determined by the rules guiding the specific issue you intend filing for. The naturalization interview will be scheduled at a USCIS facility near you, and it probably will last less than 30 minutes. I will recommend Shilpa and her law firm, SGM to anyone who needs capable and experience hands to help with his/her petition. Because much is on the line, it is important to know how much time you can expect your N-400 naturalization processing time to take. Tip: There are numerous free resources to help you prepare for the U.S. citizenship test and interview.

To file your application online, the first step is to create an account with the USCIS. In some cases, the USCIS officer will not be able to make a decision on the application for naturalization on the day of your interview. Oath of Allegiance: If your interview session has been confirmed to be successful, then you will be given a date for the oath of allegiance ceremony. The USCIS provides a fee waiver for those who cannot afford the N-400 filing fee, which exempts them from the payment. USCIS will implement a national strategy to decrease differences in processing times based on location for Form N-400, Application for Naturalization, and Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status.. USCIS requires applicants to be fingerprinted for the purpose of conducting a security clearance and criminal background check. In some cases, USCIS will make a request for additional information or even schedule an additional interview. For easy identification and understanding of the various applications, the USCIS has a code name for each of the forms used in filling different immigration cases at its office. To learn more about the appointment, read. Thanks again. Next, you will receive an appointment notice that assigns your biometrics appointment date, time and location. Your attention to details and making sure that every document was in proper order and form was instrumental in making sure every document submitted was accepted on the first presentation.

USCIS can accept ID documents such as: After completing the biometrics appointment, USCIS will send another appointment notice for your naturalization interview. The oath is administered by USCIS at an administrative ceremony or by a judge in a judicial ceremony. You can use this receipt number to It may be shorter for some and longer for others. Professional, responsive and transparent are a few words that come to mind when looking back at our dealing with this law firm.

If your receipt date is before the “Receipt date for a case inquiry", you can submit an “outside normal processing time” … The N-400 Naturalization Application process used to be only by mail, but presently, the USCIS has given applicants the opportunity of filing online. The Date You filed Your Application: Your inquiry must also include the date when your N-400 was filed. The biometrics appointment, also known as a biometrics screening, is generally a short appointment (approximately 30 minutes) so that USCIS can collect your fingerprints, photograph and signature. As an applicant for U.S. citizenship, you’re probably anxious to know what happens after filing Form N-400, Application for Naturalization, and how long it takes to become a naturalized citizen.

After your interview, USCIS will give you Form N-652, Naturalization Interview Results. Try to attend the appointment as scheduled. I really liked your prompt responses to my emails and answers to all of my questions, which I know I had many throughout the whole process. The oath ceremony is usually conducted by the USCIS official or by a judge. You also must call USCIS at 1-800-375-5283 to change the address with your pending N-400 application. If the biometric screening goes successfully, you will then proceed to the next step. Thank you so much for all your help !! Although the steps that take place are fairly consistent, the Form N-400 processing time will vary based on the USCIS case load, the USCIS office where you filed, and your ability to properly file an accurately prepared naturalization application package. For me it was really important that I could reach my attorney and could speak to you directly without waiting hours/days for a call back. Receiving a decision on your application. FY2020 uses data from October 1, 2019 to August 31, 2020. How long the naturalization process takes depends on each particular applicant’s status. She is very trustworthy, very reliable and extremely knowledgable.″, Copyright © 2009 - 2020 SGM Law Group | Privacy Policy | Disclaimer | Practice Limited to Immigration & Nationality Law, the United States eligibility requirement, processing times for the N-400 naturalization application, Public Charge Rule Defeated Again Nationwide, New H-1B Visa Rules: Higher Wages and More Restrictions, EB-2 to EB-3 India Downgrade: Process, Steps, Cost, Pros and Cons, Being a permanent resident for at least five years (or three years if you are filing. These backlogs show the level at which many green card holders’ desires of becoming citizens have been met with disappointment. Applicants may receive an interview appointment notice or other types of notices (such as a Request for Evidence) from a field office outside of their normal jurisdiction. By now you should be preparing — go to How to Prepare for the Citizenship Interview and Test. All rights reserved. Make every attempt to attend the interview time as scheduled for you. View the completion date estimates of your application. If your interview was successful, you will soon receive a notice to take the Oath of Allegiance (N-445, Notice of Naturalization Oath Ceremony). At the interview, a USCIS officer will typically go through the entire N-400 application to confirm that the answers previously provided are still correct. The interview notice will arrive by mail as another Form I-797, Notice of Action. The officers will also ask questions about your case in order to be sure of how accurate are your claims in your application form. When you prepare your N-400 on CitizenPath, we provide simple, step-by-step instructions and alerts to help you avoid costly delays. However, these caseload changes will not affect where applicants attend their biometrics appointments. Before considering the process of naturalization, you are expected to meet the United States eligibility requirement for citizens. With this, you can begin the process at the comfort of your home or office. Other things you can do with your online account are: N-400 naturalization application process delay or denial might fall under the following conditions: Whichever is your own case out of the above, the following items must be included when you are creating an inquiry with the USCIS: A statistic analysis on the USCIS website in June 2018 showed that as at the time of filing the report, 750,793 applications for N-400 applications were still pending and “waiting for decision as of the end of the reporting period” and 23,918 had been denied, terminated, or withdrawn. This painful experience is very much avoidable if you take the right steps to prevent it. If all goes well and you’ve provided all the paperwork that … Granted — USCIS may approve your Form N-400 if the evidence on record establishes your eligibility for naturalization. Your access to and use of this site is subject to additional Terms of Use.

After filing Form N-400, Application for Naturalization, and related forms, your N-400 processing time can take anywhere from 8 to 12 months. Each of the services performed by the USCIS requires thorough application processes.

Secure .gov websites use HTTPS The processing times for the N-400 naturalization application might take as little as 6 or 7 months or as long as 30 months depending on the city you are processing in, the service center you are using, the time of year, and your unique situation.

We have posted a “Receipt date for a case inquiry" in the table below to show when you can inquire about your case.

Don’t forget — you can, Application to Replace Permanent Resident Card, Application to Replace Citizenship Document, Apply for Certificate of Citizenship (N-600), Declaration of Self-Sufficiency (Form I-944), APPROXIMATELY 7 TO 11 MONTHS AFTER FILING, APPROXIMATELY 1 TO 4 WEEKS AFTER INTERVIEW, APPROXIMATELY 8 TO 12 MONTHS AFTER FILING.