All times AEDT (GMT +11). Football superstar Neymar was one of five players sent off the field following an all-in brawl which was sparked by an alleged racial slur.Source:AFP. About See All. www.redbullneymarjrsfive.com. “We struggled to cope with PSG’s early pressure because they are very good at it, but we found a way to grind out a great victory. Page Transparency See More.

Littered by crunching fouls at either end in the first half, the game produced some free-flowing football after the break as visiting keeper Steve Mandanda pulled off several superb saves and both sides had goals disallowed for offside. Find out more about our policy and your choices, including how to opt-out. Community See All. CARNAGE! The Brazilian made the accusation to the fourth official when walking off … PSG were missing several first-team regulars who had contracted the Covid-19 virus but pressed hard in the closing stages only for Marseille’s rugged defence to hold firm as the 1993 European Cup winners made it two wins out of two. pic.twitter.com/3yZfmEju9I. Red Bull Neymar Jr’s Five is my five-a-side tourna... See More. PSG sporting director Leonardo suggested referee Jerome Brisard lacked the experience to officiate such a highly-charged fixture.

Neymar was red-carded after a VAR review, while teammates Layvin Kurzawa and Leandro Paredes were also sent off. Sports League.

Marseille find themselves with an early six-point advantage as they attempt to close the gap on PSG, French champions seven of the past eight years. Neymar claimed he heard a racist slur during Paris St Germain’s defeat to Marseille on Sunday. ‘Now I’d like to them to show the image of the racist who called me a ‘MONKEY SON OF A BITCH’. The game finishes 8v9 after the referee gives FIVE red cards, including one for Neymar, in the final few minutes! It was a great performance but the result is what it is.”. The PSG forward was dismissed for a punch on Álvaro González. 809,028 people like this. 840,563 people follow this. Facebook is showing information to help you better understand the purpose of a Page. González later tweeted there was “no place for racism”, adding, “sometimes you have to learn to lose and accept it on the pitch”. A NOTE ABOUT RELEVANT ADVERTISING: We collect information about the content (including ads) you use across this site and use it to make both advertising and content more relevant to you on our network and other sites. PSG’s Brazilian star appeared to accuse Alvaro Gonzalez of calling him a “monkey” in a series of furious tweets after he was sent off in injury time for slapping the Marseille defender on the back of the head. Ola e bem-vindo to Red Bull Neymar Jr’s Five 2020! UFC 2020: Ignacio Bahamondes knockout video in Dana White Co... AFL Trades 2020: Brad Crouch St Kilda contract news, Adelaid... AFL trades: Josh Dunkley, trade request, Essendon, Western B... Find out more about our policy and your choices, including how to opt-out. Impressum. Marseille head coach André Villas-Boas said: “There is no place for racism in football but I don’t think that was the case... we’ll have to look at it.”, It's all kicking off in Parc des Princes! Thauvin scored against the run of play, steering in a Dimitri Payet free-kick inside the near post from close range after the home side had come close through Marco Verratti and Neymar, who also missed a pair of chances in the second half. “A tough and important win as well as a historic one,” Villas-Boas told reporters. According to Telefoot, Gonzalez replied, “What racism?” when he was asked about the incident. “I told the players if we continue to play like that we’ll win every match. Origin 2020: NSW robbed in Queensland win, Channel 9 unseen ... NFL news: New York Giants, Logan Ryan, Ashley Bragg Ryan.

It wasn’t pretty and we suffered.”, Available for everyone, funded by readers.

Neymar claimed he heard a racist slur during Paris St Germain’s defeat to Marseille on Sunday. Insulting comments on his Instagram account have received tens of thousands of likes. To join the conversation, please Log in. “Look at the racism. “Not to criticise the referee, but perhaps it’s not the time to officiate a ‘clasico’.”, Neymar walks off the pitch after a red card.Source:AFP. Football superstar Neymar was one of five players sent off the field following an all-in brawl which was sparked by an alleged racial slur. “(Neymar) told me it was a racist insult, but I didn’t hear anything on the pitch”, PSG coach Thomas Tuchel said. Join the conversation, you are commenting as, news.com.au — Australia’s leading news site. Neymar insisted he was the victim of racism as he was one of five players sent off in a mass brawl at the end of Marseille’s 1-0 win over Ligue 1 champions Paris Saint-Germain on Sunday. AFP news.com.au September 14, 2020 4:37pm I think you have to separate the performance and the result. © 2020 Guardian News & Media Limited or its affiliated companies. Football superstar Neymar was one of five players sent off the field following an all-in brawl which was sparked by an alleged racial slur. Ángel Di María’s effort for PSG was ruled out in the 62nd minute and Marseille substitute Dario Benedetto’s scorcher was also disallowed two minutes later as Thauvin, who unleashed the initial shot, was marginally behind the last PSG defender. PSG, runners-up to Bayern Munich in the Champions League final last month, have now lost their opening two games of a season without scoring for the first time since 1978/79. A frenzied schedule awaits Tuchel’s coronavirus-hit side, starting with the visit of Metz in midweek and a trip to Nice next Sunday, and Neymar now faces a suspension. That’s why I hit him,” Neymar, who was returning from coronavirus quarantine, said as he left the pitch.

Florian Thauvin’s close-range volley on 31 minutes earned Marseille a first victory over their bitter rivals since November 2011, but the ugly scenes overshadowed the game at Parc des Princes. Tuchel tried to downplay the defeat: “I’m not angry. Last modified on Mon 14 Sep 2020 04.36 BST. I’d really like that!” Neymar tweeted. Marseille striker Dario Benedetto and defender Jordan Amavi were also expelled. We would like to show you a description here but the site won’t allow us. The world’s most expensive player later tweeted: “The only regret I have is not hitting this idiot in the face.”. “Fourteen yellow cards and five reds means the match was out of control,” Leonardo said. Neymar argues with Dimitri Payet.Source:AFP. Marseille earned a smash-and-grab win after Florian Thauvin struck in the 31st minute of a pulsating though ill-tempered match at the Parc des Princes. A full scale brawl broke out on the pitch in the last minute of stoppage time, forcing referee Jerome Brisard to send off Neymar in addition to PSG teammates Laywin Kurzawa and Leandro Paredes as well as Marseille’s duo of Benedetto and Jordan Amavi. Sun 13 Sep 2020 22.36 BST We caught up with the Brazil and PSG star at the launch of the 2020 Red Bull Neymar Jr's Five season in Paris. The Brazilian made the accusation to the fourth official when walking off the pitch after being one of five players to be sent off during the match and later repeated the claim on social media. Marseille coach Andre Villas Boas told Telefoot: “There is no place for racism in football but I don’t think that was the case … we’ll have to look at it.”. We played a great match, I’m happy with the quality, mentality and the effort. All rights reserved. Don't have an account? It was Marseille’s first league win over PSG since November 2011, condemning last season’s Champions League runners-up to their second straight league defeat after they suffered a 1-0 opening day setback at Lens. Nationwide News Pty Limited Copyright © 2020. Neymar tweeted after the match that his “only regret” was not hitting the Marseille player in the face, having caught him on the back of the head. Sign up, Join the conversation, you are commenting as Logout. “It’s easy for VAR to show my ‘aggression’.