To best appreciate the lessons learned from a Spring bass outing, click the thumbs that follow: Gordon Kay with a fine largemouth bass on August 12, 2015 (click for bigger). The next day the TVA sluiced 1000cfs on the South Holston. FLY FISHING ADVENTURES. When you are fishing with SHRC, it's about you - and your definition of fun. They chased the Smallmouth Bass on Thursday, May 29, and it looks like Anthony had the hot hand. var cx = '016178786155693412783:qnnxewzoga0'; The rest of the week was a mixture of low and high water on the Watauga. Bill has, on exhibit, proof that the big browns are still on the move on the South Holston. Tva Approved Hvac Contractors, Don’t forget that we take anglers of all skill levels.

On the South Holston river, Mike King reports that blue wings have been coming off in the afternoon and he is catching them on a size 18 cdc sparkle dun. Just click any thumbnail to open a slide show of April on the South Holston River. (function() { Nymph rigs are working great during non hatch periods.

Teo was working for our clients, while Travis was on a "busman's holiday" treating his friend, Wayne Jackson, to some quality time on the water, gratis. Due to all of the rain we’ve had this month. The nymph bite was outstanding.

The TVA dropped the water last Friday and Saturday which gave us an outstanding blue winged olive hatch. During these stressful times I can’t think of a better way to “social distance” yourself. We have openings in January and February still available. Click the thumbnails below for some South Holston River Christmas cheer... A.J. September is a slow season in the fly fishing world: school has started, the weather is more like Summer than Fall, it's a season in transition. The weather has been crazy. Heavy rains recently had the TVA drawing down lake levels, which meant fishing on high water that was a little murky, but decent Blue Winged Olive hatches in the afternoon brought fish up anyway, and the proof is in the pictures that the SoHo is still the right choice for anglers looking for a little winter action. Teo not only put us on fish the entire float but took time to provide instruction on some of the little things that help you catch trout. Chris Hanson felt like he needed to increase his understanding of our premier tailwater, the South Holston River, and wisely sought the guidance of Altamont Anglers. This time of year when temperatures get up into the 90s, high water provides more dissolved oxygen and cooler water temperatures. I hope to see you on the water. The cost of the half day with lunch is $375 for two people. (clicketty bigger). Unusually, this hatch occurred on sunny days (albeit chilly), just adding to the pleasure of the moment. That big brown is proof of the quality of this fishery, even in the dog days of late summer. Give us a call if you’d like to get out on the water. The TVA is releasing water around the clock. (clicketty bigger). The cloudy day probably just improved the fishing, judging by that nice smallie! Tagged: tennessee outdoors, trout fishing near me, huck, charter, trout, streamer fishing, fishing guide near me, carter county tn, streamer, watauga guide, float fishing tn, carter county, midge, center pin trout, tn outdoors, fishing trip, guide, brown trout, watauga river trout fishing tennessee, watauga fishing, east Tennessee fly fishing, fly shop near me, sluice, watauga huck, watauga river fly fishing report, watauga fishing guides, watauga river guide, to do in Elizabethton, rainbow trout, elizabethton tn, 37643, charter near me, nymph, trophy trout, watauga river, fly fishing guides near me, near me, south, nymphing, Elizabethton, to do in Tennessee, dry fly, south holston, south holston trout fishing, center pin watauga, center pin south holston, huck fishing, fly fishing, holston, fishing guides near me, doe river, to do in TN, center pin, east tn fly fishing, fishing with huck, center pin tn, watauga, sulphur, guides near me, center pin tennessee, fly shops near me, fishing guide, watauga river fishing, drift boat, fly fishing near me, fish, fly fishing report, Elizabethton fly fishing, to do in carter county, float fishing. The week of October 15--22 found Altamont Anglers guiding several lucky anglers to some beautiful fall fishing, as confirmed by clicking any of the following thumbs to open the slideshow: Knox Vinson with a hefty rainbow trout caught on the South Holston River on September 30, 2017. (function() { Midges are the main hatch right now.

Winter weather has shown up here in northeast Tennessee. Give us a call if you would like to know more about our guide service, or if you would like to book a trip. ), and the photos prove the right call was made. July is South Holston time, when hot air temperatures make the cold water even more enticing, the Sulphurs bring the big-uns to the top on high water, and on low water the trout cruise for beetles. If you are interested in our guide service, or if you would like to book a trip? As always, I hope to see you on the water. AA guide Joe Spencer took the helm, reporting back that in spite of no remarkable hatch to speak of--just the usual mid-summer midge/scud combo--a fine time was had by all, with fine fishing proven by the accompanying photos. The flows have been great for floating. Tesco Envy Printers, June has been outstanding. Click any of the following images for full-size views of early March fishing: Keith McElrath with a fine rainbow trout on the South Holston River on December 2, 2017. Tagged: tennessee outdoors, trout fishing near me, huck, charter, trout, streamer fishing, fishing guide near me, carter county tn, streamer, watauga guide, float fishing tn, carter county, midge, center pin trout, tn outdoors, fishing trip, guide, brown trout, watauga river trout fishing tennessee, watauga fishing, east Tennessee fly fishing, fly shop near me, sluice, watauga river fly fishing report, watauga fishing guides, watauga river guide, to do in Elizabethton, rainbow trout, elizabethton tn, 37643, charter near me, nymph, trophy trout, watauga river, fly fishing guides near me, near me, south, nymphing, Elizabethton, to do in Tennessee, south holston trout fishing, dry fly, south holston, center pin watauga, center pin south holston, fly fishing, holston, fishing guides near me, doe river, to do in TN, center pin, east tn fly fishing, center pin tn, watauga, sulphur, guides near me, center pin tennessee, fly shops near me, fishing guide, watauga river fishing, drift boat, fly fishing near me, fish, fly fishing report, Elizabethton fly fishing, to do in carter county, float fishing, watauga huck, fishing with huck, huck fishing.