Have not shot it a lot due to weather but it is a nice little shotgun. i do like the 20 ga,s as i can go to walmart and buy a box of 20 ga shells (7/8 oz 7.5# or 7/8 oz #8) for a five dollars if i don,t feel like reloading. Where the alloy Stevens comes in at 6.45-pounds, the Tristar is slightly heavier at 6.7-pounds. Regardless of individual preference, there are few impressive options in the world of Turkish-made O/Us that compete with these specimens.

Just wondering what experience anybody has had with these two affordable O/U shotguns. low cost gun's. Compared to some other 28s I have, I feel the recoil is decidedly on the stout side. ATI Cavalry-- same gun as 555 … Primary use for the gun will be dove, chukar, ducks, and pheasants for myself and a couple rounds of clays for the kids. Post subject: Re: How good is the Stevens 555 o/u? Uses them for dove and quail and shoots 2-3 rounds of skeet a week with the 28ga. The single trigger O/U, with its conveniently placed manual safety with barrel selector, offers top-notch performance. Features: The 12-gauge weighs 6 pounds and has a 28-inch barrel. Leaning this way right now, or Tristar. Appearance: The shotgun features Turkish walnut stock and fore-end, engraved receiver, chrome-lined steel barrels with a blued finish. Board index » Shooting » Shotgun Opinions, Registered users: Anatidae, Banshee, Basstar, BigDeeeeeeee, bigeejakes, Bing [Bot], bladesmith, Bladeswitcher, Bullittshooter, casonet, cclark31, chumly2071, cookoff013, dallen749, DEG, Denver1911, Desperado213, dogchaser37, doug_andrea, dpe2002, drew b, dustpan, ebcjr, fiver, futurelegend, geometric, goodemachine, Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], GunnerFrank, Half Dog, jeffreyk, jpari, Kannoncocker, longliner, lossking, lt0026, Lu 45, Lumberjack98, Malcolm7, Markepilot, mattberger21, McFarmer, md2020, misterdom, MNNavy, mudpack, Multiflora, oldthompson, Ou224, oyeme, perdizman, popcorn09, Rooster booster, Roseinmt, Rubberhead, sandcountyalmanac, Scatergun71, SnowRider1, southdakbearfan, TEH, Tidefanatic, Tom Bryant, TrippleJsDad, VetEyeDoc, wrfish, zxcvbnm. To that end, the Stevens 555E offers ejectors. I think they are both made in Turkey, maybe even the same place. Both guns are dressed in Turkish Walnut. The Stevens culminates in a solid rubber recoil pad, where the Tristar uses a waffle-style rubber pad. Any comments? The single selective trigger, tang safety, and barrel selector are the same for each. Toasty, I agree with DWT. Don't remember exactly but I know I paid right around $500 for it. They have a firing pin warning such that one is to watch and make sure the pins are retracted before closing the action. We’re not quite comparing apples to apples, as the Stevens is built on an alloy receiver against the Trinity’s solid steel housing. Not sure now, but at least two 5s in the model desnigation. The top two candidates in my self imposed price range is the Stevens 555, or the Tristar Setter. Bonus: The Hunter EX comes with five choke tubes (SK, IC, M, IM and F) and is available in 12, 16, 20, 28 and .410 models. I could never get is to double, but dropped 2 grains of powder and explained what he was doing and hasn't been an issue since. Saw a ATI Cavalry 20ga for $400 and liked the 28ga so much thought I would give it a try. Aside from that build difference, the similarities between these two guns are eerie for shotties coming out of different Turkish factories. The Stevens is a great gun to own when one of your “friends” asks you if he can borrow a gun for the weekend.

2 of which were over 3K.Finally, got sick of looking for used and started looking at budget 28ga O/Us. The Stevens 555 is light and handles fast, thanks to a lightweight aluminum receiver. TriStar Arms, known for its lineup of affordable shotguns and handguns imported from Turkey, expanded its offerings in early 2020 with the launch of … Among the company’s latest releases is the Stevens 555 over-under. Taking it one step farther, the Stevens 555 blued model with fewer frills carries an MSRP of $679 while the Trinity LT has an MSRP of $685 to $700.

Get more: www.stoegerindustries.com, © National Wild Turkey Federation. Features: This gun is for the small-frame shooter or youth. Get Guns.com offers and news, Need Help?service@guns.comCall (866)582-4867, PO Box 1131 13800 Nicollet Blvd Burnsville, MN 55337 ©2019 Guns.com. Tristar also builds a Trinity LT model that uses a lighter-weight aluminum alloy frame, but the alloy-framed LT does not come in a 16-gauge model. Both show a well-above-average figure for more budget-friendly guns. I recently acquired a Franchi AL 48 from an ailing friend. The Trinity retails for $685 with online prices at $544.

Excellent review! The Tristar includes SK, IC, M, IM, F, while the Stevens includes Cyl, IC, M, IM, and F. All are Beretta/Benelli Mobil-style tubes, and both guns pack the chokes in a mini-hard case with a wrench. So in a couple of years we give it to the kid and he shoot's the h*ll out of it for the rest of his life! Its silver receiver is laser engraved with ample filigree adornments. Location: Denison Texas on the banks of Texhoma. Loves them both and hasn't had any problems with either one in 2 years. So it's a great decorating item and a poor shooting tool.

Here's where I'm going. I'm just surprised at the recoil factor. Unless you're only going to shoot once or twice for a hunting gun...Tried using it for ducks and it was just painful. Is one better than the other? For under $700 Stevens has outsourced the badge to a Turkish manufacturer. Cheap O/Us tend to cause more grief thas not. Is the barrel lever supposed to point straight back or off to the right a little? If you are considering a Yildiz, ATI, Stoeger, etc., take a look at the Stevens 555. We buy them but don't expect them to hold up, how could they, they are ugly! Upland hunters love variety. Trying to compare apples to apples, I compare it to my Ruger Red Label 28 and Remington 1100 skeet 28.

The difference in weight is directly proportional to the receiver material -- steel is heavier than alloy. I'm just surprised at the recoil factor. eastbank. Appearance: It features a checkered satin-finish, A-Grade American walnut stock and fore-end with blued hardware. Each has a 3-inch chamber — except the 16-gauge and 28-gauges; they are 2¾-inches. It is available in 20-gauge or .410 models and weighs about 5½-pounds. To that end, both Stevens and Tristar aim to please. Any problems with the Savage/Stevens 555 shotgun. Many hunters prefer auto ejectors for ease and speed of rapid field reloads. i just bought a browning xs skeet 20ga and the best i,ve shot at trap so far is 23-25 and the worst 19-25, i hope to shoot a 25-25 very soon if the clays games gods smile or look the other way. Some hunt with 12-gauges, but many favor the subs with options in 28-, 20-, and 16-gauge. It has a single, non-selective trigger, 22½-inch vent-rib barrels with IC and M screw-in choke tubes, a 13-inch length-of-pull and an overall length of 36½ inches.

The Stevens 555 over/under is a perfect example. The Stevens 555E, though not quite as flashy, is still surprisingly attractive for another budget-friendly O/U. The Red Label's twin barrels give it more a tad more versatility with two different choke options. It is an alloy receiver that is scaled per gauge.