Ezra Brooks Blended Whiskey (80 proof) Seven just became your lucky number. Review: The nose: nice hints of vanilla and some fume from the alcohol stings the nostrils. Our various nerd books are silent on the subject of "Ezra Brooks" despite the label promising 7 generations of expertise. The bourbons originate in Kentucky as "straight" bourbon, which requires at least 2 years of new barrel aging. The company has largely been a non-distiller producer and is thought to have sourced their bourbon from Heaven Hill.

Please visit Responsibility.org for information and resources on how to fight drunk driving and stop underage drinking. Room temp, a bit of water added halfway through. The Whisky Exchange is the registered trademark of Speciality Drinks Limited. - Irishman up voted your review on 2016-10-14.

60's 75cl 101 US-proof. Before the company started to turn heads with Rebel Yell Single Barrel in 2016, and made a big splash with Old Ezra Barrel Strength in 2018, Old Ezra 101 Proof sat on the shelves hoping to get seen. According to the company, Lux Row Distillery features 18,000 square feet, six barrel warehouses and a 43-foot custom copper still. EZRA BROOKS 101 proof 15 years old Bot. With a recipe that dates back seven generations, Ezra Brooks Old Ezra Extra Aged Bourbon has real history. Its bolder and deeper with the 101 kick. Luxco’s David Nicholson Reserve Bourbon can be an adequate replacement, but at $35 and featuring a weaker finish, isn’t the one-to-one alternative fans of Old Ezra 101 Proof may love. Old Ezra is distilled, aged, and bottled in Kentucky by Heaven Hill Distilleries for Luxco. The label itself has previously been compared in its own print advertising to Jack Daniel's, which itself borrowed its shape from Evan Williams. However, I can understand going with the 90pf as it is less $$ and still very good. Old Ezra 101 Proof has been around for a long time yet never seemed to garner much attention. Age statements are starting to claw their way back onto bottles and can be found on many bottles under $50, (e.g. You will "breathe" out oak some minutes afterward. [1] It is charcoal filtered and typically bottled at 50.5% abv (101 proof). Its just gone. Enter your email address below to be notified when this product is available. Ezra Brooks bourbons are, from our standpoint, of somewhat mysterious origins. I agree with your assessment of sweet/dry palate on bourbon. With a recipe that dates back seven generations, Ezra Brooks Old Ezra Extra Aged Bourbon has real history. At medium length, the bourbon’s hot and dry finish doesn’t stick around long. Same flavors. The Ezra Brooks brand was created by Frank Silverman in 1957 and was bottled at the Hoffman Distilling Company, in Lawrenceburg, Kentucky, up until Hoffman Distilling Co. went out of business in the 1970s. The company points to David Nicholson Reserve Bourbon as a replacement, which they say is also a 7 year (although the bottle is NAS), high-rye bourbon, but at 100 proof. Ezra Brooks Bourbon Creme (25 proof), https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Old_Ezra_101&oldid=853954946, Articles with unsourced statements from February 2011, Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License, This page was last edited on 8 August 2018, at 01:00. It’s usually a dusty bottle sitting on the bottom shelf with the Jim Beams, Evan Williams crowd. Tyler Distillery.After being bought and sold several times it landed in the hands of the David Sherman Corporation (DSC) of St. Louis, Missouri in 1993. ModernThirst has previously reviewed Old Ezra B, a now discontinued 12 year version. The palate isn’t immediately shocking in its flavors or construction, yet it all comes together nicely. I wanna say I bought this for $28 at an ABC liquor store in Sanford, FL. Neat: Thick and clingy mouthfeel. Palate is similar to EB90 with nutty caramel, pepper and oak but extra proof and age have amped it up. That is slight difference in our bourbon ratings is a matter of different taste between sweet and dry. Kind of like medicine on the finish. Distill America 2016: 14 Spirits to put on yo... Manhattan Moonshine: A Structural Whiskey. And that’s the rub, outside of its age statement, Old Ezra 101 Proof isn’t all that special tasting, but instead doubles down on another important trait, offering decent quality at a great price. We'll also be doing live broadcasts each month at select Schnucks stores across the area. 58.5% ALC/VOL • 117 PROOFWe age this Kentucky straight bourbon in new, charred white oak barrels for seven years and bottle it at barrel strength. Ezra Brooks 90* has been my everyday bourbon for the last 25 years. In 2006, the David Sherman Company re-branded itself to Luxco as a tribute to one of its co-founders, Paul Lux, and as a reflection of the current ownership of the company. Medium finish with cinnamon nutty oak and caramel. Neat, color is several shades darker than the 90 pf. I see no reason to pay the premium over the cousin Virgin Bourbon.

I don’t think Luxco is ready to let Old Ezra 101 Proof fade into the sunset forever. - Bourbon journey up voted your review on 2018-05-27. Luxco opened Lux Row Distillery, located in Bardstown Kentucky. All images used are assumed to be promotional/marketing photos made available to the press for the purpose of describing and reviewing spirits. This is supported by the filing at the Tax and Trade Bureau of the source in Kentucky but registered with the Missouri-based Luxco. No. Our experienced warehouse team take great care with every order. They are also "charcoal mellowed" in a process somewhat similar to Tennessee whiskey such as Jack Daniels or George Dickel. This excellent spirit is the result! Carries more heat for sure but sweetness is increased, This is similar to Old Forester100(not as good though), I like it. Old Ezra 101 is a brand of Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey bottled under the name Ezra Brooks Distilling. This backbone is offset by additional notes of mixed nuts, light cinnamon, and butterscotch. Old Ezra is aged for 7 years and bottled at a stiff 101 proof, practically demanding a bit of ice or water to soften the flavor. in oak didn't work. Distillery: Sourced (from undisclosed distillery[ies] in Kentucky), Mashbill: Undisclosed (High rye mashbill). AWARDSWhisky Advocate Top 20 Whiskies of 2019 (#7 / 94 point rating), PLEASE ENJOY RESPONSIBLY. I do not put water or ice in my reviews but this might be one that could use something to go with it. Registered in England and Wales (Company No. Noses caramel, vanilla and some dusty resin... fuller than the 90. Largely conventional on the surface, its underlying richness helps elevate it to satisfying levels. Old Ezra is aged for 7 years and bottled at a stiff 101 proof, practically demanding a bit of ice or water to soften the flavor. The first sip…slight lip burn, no mouth burn, oily on the tongue…wwwhhoooo the first swig is forward on the grains…then BURN! If any party feels that intellectual property rights issues exist or that images are being used without permission, please. Nose is oak and a hint of vanilla. Delivery times for shipments to the United States and the rest of the world can be approximately 30 working days. - WhiskeyFunatic up voted your review on 2018-10-13.

I let it breathe before I sipped. I had doubts about the claims that Willett was sourcing their Johnny Drum Private Stock from Heaven Hill, but this erased those doubts.

According to a variety of sources (see, for example, the positive review and mention at Liquor Locusts as well as the Ezra Brooks Facebook site), the bourbon is produced at Heaven Hill for distribution by Luxco. Great value. Looking forward to a barrel proof Ezra, should be good. As Luxco has grown it has remained family-owned.[2].

TASTING NOTES Sweet floral notes with undertones of vanilla, cinnamon, and fine wood, ending in a warm, buttery finish. Likely the export market acquired a taste for tastier Bourbons, so it is now "dumped" here in the US. We deliver to countries all over the world! We’re in the final moments of Old Ezra 101 before supply dries up and it’s gone from store shelves forever. 60's . You like bourbon on sweet side with oak in background. I got this to compare to Virgin Bourbon, its near cousin in most respects. Finish is absent. This bottle has not been rated by this competition.