I usually carry such cameras in a tiny fanny pack.

This includes 4K/30p video capture, Raw photo capture, improved transmission with OcuSync 2.0 and more. Maybe i just wanna see more pancakes... @Stujomo:Yes, i am looking into MFT also. ), the x100V is a fantastic landscape camera! Physics dude. You could try an UWA converter on the 12-32 pancake but I don't think results will be all that great, the lens itself is well above average for a kit zoom tho so it might be worth keeping an eye out for w/that GX85. Care should be taken when interpreting the review scores above, though. For information on product purchases, please check the website of your favorite online vendor.

Lol, love your security hack! I would also put another point: only 50% waterproof, therefore useless in "wet" practice (probably development stopped to put it on the market quickly). @Zzz, the X100V is weather sealed so no dust worries. X100V sample gallery is nowhere to be found. @impulses:I don't know about regular retailers.

Despite having a smaller sensor, the Fujifilm X100V offers a higher Hell, a Lumix GX85 with 12-32mm and 45-150mm bundle, and 14mm f2.5 pancake, and 20mm f1.7 pancake, and 42.5mm f1.7 costs right about what an X100V without WR sells for. You are here:  Weight is another important factor especially when deciding on a camera that you want to carry with you all day. But as it's stands as a non-stabilized crop sensor for almost $1500, despite all it's continuing improvements, it makes less and less sense with each new itineration and does nothing most phones already can't do, some much better at lots of things.

. It makes a great travel camera but isn't as refine as the best of its rivals. I personally (read: my opinion) don't think it's worth buying a cropped sensor camera without IBIS or interchangeable lenses above ~$700 in 2020. Fujifilm X100V was introduced to market in February 2020 and Sony RX100 VII was launched in July 2019. He is also an avid equestrian. I really hope Lumix or Oly will release a nice MFT 10mm pancake soon. Aren't they allowed to buy cameras?Second, IBIS (or IS) has nothing to do with someone being able to handle a 35mm lens. But even with its 45MP sensor, 20fps bursts and 8K video, its not without its flaws. To clarify on the image posted by DanMcG, the hood is not needed for weather sealing. Pixel Shift Multi Shoot. I've given a few camera away too and its is often more satisfying than recovering a quarter to a third of purchase price one must bear in the secondary for some older bodies and can ignite a fire in a young person. What's the best camera for shooting sports and action?

Or you can say, to achieve the same depth of field with the same amount of light you have to go up a full stop on Full Frame and then compensate weither with slowing down SS which means more motion blur or jerk up the ISO. blablabla I'm unhappy about a product I wasn't going to buy anyway blablabla, Lol, if Tatsuo pulled that crap on me, i think I'd have a nice new-ish X100V and Tatsuo would be short a tooth or two. On the downside, larger sensors are more costly to manufacture and tend to lead to bigger and heavier cameras and lenses. The Fujifilm X100V and the Sony Alpha A7 III are two enthusiast cameras that were announced, respectively, This should be fixed now, sorry about that! You basically just don't get the point of a specific genre of photography, not the camera.By the way, people that requires stabilization to handle a 35mm equivalent focal length... really needs medical help. Once you put a lens on A7 III, its thickness will increase significantly. Along with the photographer attached to it... Or one could just use a tripod for night cityscapes and actually get decent sharp shots. Yeah I'm a bit surprised at the comments, as for phones I checked out the iPhone 11 sample galleries, why would anyone serious about their photography choose and iPhone over an X100. More sensor area. It's a limitation of all leaf shutters. Again just becuase it doesn’t work for you (or me) doesn’t mean it can’t be used for that. Fuji isn't going to make a third version of their lenses so the f2 primes are the smallest you will get. You can shoot wide open faster than 1/1000 but you get weird star shaped bokeh. So I'll stick to my Hasselblad X1D 50C that I'll never own.

it's a hunk of a camera. In meinem Fujifilm X-T4 vs. Sony Alpha 7 III Vergleich gibt es keinen klaren Sieger.

David, that doesn't make any sense if you take a minute and think about it. The A7 III replaced the earlier Sony A7 II, while the X100V followed on from the Fujifilm X100F. Also, higher base ISO does not help here. It's actually the 4th of the classic lengths I'd choose. Fuji's decision to drop the 4-way controller for a tiny joystick is an egregious dealbreaker.

"This is not a good camera for video, that is just thrown in there probably because the chips support it. Like you said, it's perfect! Because, from fire comes art.

Thing is, the things the 100V can do that the GR III can't do are available on models with interchangeable lenses that compete directly with the 100V at the price point. I would say to Fuji, if it listed here, bring back the X20, make a 1-inch compact fuji like sony but without a rediculous sugar cube pop up evf but the solid inbuilt hybrid one.

It's not a false premise its a camera and it's real. Maybe it's my own nostalgia but it feels like a camera to me.

I have broken 2 Nikkor 18-55mm kit lenses at the mount.

The lack of which wouldn't stop me from buying this camera. It could be a new mount for Fuji, that's fine with me.

For whatever bizarre reason, the silver variant of some of Pana's smaller lenses isn't sold at all in the US. A f6.3 on APC has approx the same depth of field as f8 on 35mm. Processing the files with capture one resulted in much better outcomes (for details in landscapes), but still had the flaws with the colours and the samples show that this issues did really improve. £1299...In the UK right now I can get a GX9, 25mm F1.7 and free battery £399 PARK Cameras, new UK stock, warranty...As a GX9 User, see my Kit bag on DPR, cost me only a little more than this FUJI... Then buy it, don't waste your time telling us about the great bargain you have found.

The lens is actually sharper at F2 than the GRIII was at 2.8. @Bernie LoweSize, this is one area that I feel mirrorless is a bit of a let down.I had hoped that mirrorless was going to move to the direction of more compact lightweight systems.I have DSLRs and I wanted a second lightweight set up to travel with, walk around with and to complement my DSLRs. #Hoxton Bridge... READ...'As a GX9 user...' I ALREADY have one, you dozy keyboard warrior... Douche. The cameras are based on an APS-C (X100V) and a full frame (A7 III) sensor. Is it so much to ask that this kind of camera has interchangeable lenses? People must have a lot of free time. in February 2020 and February 2018. That said, i just can't see this camera costing more than $999. Both cameras are fantastic devices; the a7 III was one of the best all-around cameras I have ever used when I reviewed it, while the X-T4 is an impressively capable flagship. The Sony a7C is here, and it offers full-frame performance in a very compact and portable body. any owners of x100 series can comment if they get issues with dust on sensor? Lobbamobba, what do you mean the Rx1R is $7-$800 less than the X100V? This camera is utterly perfect! It's the same as printers today. I'm saying I'd like Fuji to make pancakes for this body. If one doesn't want to use stabilization, one can just turn it off. Particularly street, portrait, group, etc.

The Laowa 15mm F4.5 'Zero-D' Shift lens is the widest shift lens available for full-frame camera systems. What about the XE series? 35 mm is the technical term. I am definitely the worst. Canon has introduced two new lenses for its RF-series cameras: the 70-200mm F4L IS USM and the 50mm F1.8 STM.

In the first part of a two-part article, lens testing expert Roger Cicala explains why inevitable variation among copies of a lens and a 'bad copy' aren't the same thing. Is that too much to ask, Yes! It could totally use IBIS, but that's another discussion. Sorry to repeat myself but Google X100 leaf shutter flash.

A pocket flash off camera also works great and looks more interesting.

Better video, much better lens selection (X-T30), better sensor (dynamic range, high iso) and I would argue about AF as well.

Ever heard about equivalency?

Material on this site may not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted or otherwise used without the prior written consent of The Imaging Resource. Fun fact: $1400 gets you a camera with a leaf shutter AND a lens. @impulses:Thank you very much for your suggestions and input! I am sorry but your comparison with a Nikon D5600 lower end camera with a kit lens that is going to be slower and less quality than the prime is ludicrous. Once you have used the camera for a few weeks its a completely nonissue IMO. AF is for the weak. If one likes the novelty of this type of camera, I think this will be a good buy, used, in about two years time. Still plenty of flash power at F2.8. All you need is an adapter ring and a plain UV filter.

In contrast, the X100V

fuji colors look are a little too purple especially in the skin tones. I admit to being careful with my gear but sometimes that isn't enough. Sony RX100 VII's zoom lens provides a great flexibility compared to Fujifilm X100V's 35mm fixed focal length lens. Hardly. The Fujifilm has a resolution of 26 megapixels, whereas the Sony provides 24 MP.

I have no problem with that. Great camera, but certainly not worth an upgrade from the X100F as far as I'm concerned. The OG x100 images are indeed magic. If, however, some stranger stuck a camera in my face, there's a good chance it'd get knocked to the ground. ;), What i do dislike, like DPR mentioned, the Menues getting more complex...c'mon Fujifilm, you can do it better.

24-50mm equivalent, f/2.8-3.5 is very desirable! So what can the Z6 II and Z7 II tell us about what Nikon might do next?

Fullframe is tiny. from the perspective of a travel photog, and a person interested in cityscapes has distinct needs from a macro shooter.

Oh yeah, no stabilization! Here is a summary of how Sony A7 III and Fujifilm X100F scores compare: Sony A7 III is the overall winner of this comparison. But even if it was 28mm equiv (my first choice), i still wouldn't want solely that length.

Sony RX100 VII is clearly the smaller of the two cameras.

I picked up a GM1 with kit zoom when they were on close out sale. Fujifilm and Sony websites. $700 tops.

Yeah, that's fine.

I'd love to own an x100 one day.

Landscape shots are not really about sensor resolution. The price is close, both are hybrid mirrorless cameras targeting the same customers. I'm glad you had the time to blabber that nonsensical reply. I can't wait to see a pancake system.

All fixed lens cameras are at risk but there are legendary dust catchers like the Ricoh GR line.