By some reports, Disney could get rid of 700 ESPN employees.

#ESPNLayoff.

Just learned I will no longer be covering the Dodgers. Got the call. The cuts are expected to hit hardest among ESPN employees who work behind the camera. MediaPoliticsSportsBlack Lives MatterDisneyESPNJimmy Pitarosocial justice. Your email address will not be published.

28000 layoffs at disneyland CA… facist newsom has beef against disneyland CA this is leftist fighting their own.

Like many others, I got the call today from ESPN that today would be my last with them. Change ), You are commenting using your Google account. ( Log Out /  Pay cuts may also hit some of ESPN’s executives and managers. After nearly eight years of covering the NHL, MLB and the NFL at ESPN, it's time for the next chapter in my career. In 2015, ESPN cut 350 employees, and in 2017 the company shed another 100 employees. ESPN is not alone in losing customers. Voting Machines Temporarily Went Down In Georgia County That Trump Won In 2016. Even after being laid off today, I don’t regret it.

4 Comments. It will never be sincere and we can never trust this gutter scum again. Wow!!

When the NBA, NFL and the rest of the overpaid athletes and announcers quit lecturing to fans and realize your employer are the fans not BLM you might have fans return, but I doubt it! While most of the big-name talent appears to be safe from these layoffs, insiders say that some will be required to take a pay cut. ESPN have been doing their political crap for years and it’s finally catching up with them. Disney World Guests Wait Over 1 Hour for Disney Transportation, Shonda Rhimes Leaves ABC for Netflix Over a Disneyland Ticket, You May Have to Take a COVID Test to Fly to Disney World, Cast Member Receives Nearly $2,000 After Guest Refused to Tip. In 2015, ESPN cut 350 employees. If the expected budget cuts do occur, it will mark the third time in just five years that ESPN instituted sweeping layoffs and a steep budget-cutting campaign. Disney is hoping to cut “tens of millions” out of the ESPN operating budget, and the layoffs are only the first step, insiders say.

Outkick’s Ryan Glasspiegel was the first to report that cuts could be coming to ESPN . Change ), You are commenting using your Twitter account. In 2019, ESPN the Magazine was shuttered. That was her plan. A few parting words: https://t.co/pBfnewUHIG, I was treated great by #ESPN during my 3 years. “They’re going after a bigger NFL portfolio,” the source reportedly said.

This shud be fun, Poured my heart and soul into ESPN for last 8 years.

I’m done with all this, they’ve lost my money each month and they’re not getting it again. I have God, my family and friends that will always be there for me. Now that it's officially over, I have nothing to be sad about because I was able to LIVE my dream. Should DCA’s ‘The Little Mermaid’ Ride Be Replaced? Disney and ESPN have allowed the network to be far too political. in Entertainment, Television.

Pretty good I think you’d agree. Want to thank https://t.co/r6GdLhHkPg for 9 fun years. Losing your iPhone is worse than losing your job. In 2017 the company shed another 100 employees. And don’t forget, listening to the record player every night.

Now, that you understand where I’m coming from, I hope that those “people” are now present “together” teaching and playing actual sports with their own children, local leagues, and schools, as opposed to sitting on the couch stuffing themselves with unhealthy food and drinking too much on “game days,” which, with over-lapping sports seasons (more games in order to pay those salaries), and 24/7 cable networks, had become far too frequent. Most Americans don’t like to be lectured. Let us know in the comments! It will only help if the “Über-woke” and especially the “Über-woke” management are the ones let go. RADIO.COM . Somewhere sports bettors cheer and somewhere dirty cops get payoffs I think the best part about the job was the people I got to work with over the years.

In 2015, ESPN cut 350 employees.

Sorry, your blog cannot share posts by email.

Thankful for the opportunity I was given and people I got to work with! Just okay the damn game!!

Please let us know if you're having issues with commenting. #ToTheNextStep pic.twitter.com/ZIBHFvFZeJ.

pic.twitter.com/1wTnGfRVcW.

documentaries, pro-wrestling (seriously), something called the X Games and being expected to watch sport played in empty stadiums on pitches surrounded by blm slogans. In July, for instance, Verizon reported a loss of 81,000 pay-TV subscribers for its FiOS service which is on top of a 25 percent decline in revenue for its media unit. Today was my last day on air at ESPN Radio.

Front Office Sports reports ESPN is preparing for another round of layoffs. I got laid off by ESPN today after an amazing 5+ years. Enjoyed my 4 years, ESPN. Michael Vick Had -$1000 in His Account After Being Released From Jail; How Much Money TI Gave Him Until He Got Back on His Feet (Video) BSO Entertainment Media News .

For 21 yrs. The expected layoffs at ESPN started Wednesday, April 29, with the company reportedly set to release about 100 anchors, reporters, analysts and production staffers. "SportsCenter," the network's flagship program, is expected to to suffer heavy losses, Sports Illustrated said.

The cuts are expected to hit hardest among ESPN employees who work behind the camera. Front Office Sports says they declined to comment on the story. To be honest it wasn’t a difficult decision. TJ’s a lifelong Disniac (Disney+Maniac) who loves travel, hockey, fishing, freediving, and music. Loved my time at ESPN, and now it's time to figure out what's next. ESPN has more than 6,000 employees, but as it is losing upwards of $2 billion in annual revenue due to a constant stream of lost subscribers and difficulties arising from the coronavirus, network owner Disney clearly feels something has to give. We raised out kids going to the lake and sailing on weekends. ESPN reportedly employs 4,000 people at its headquarters in Bristol, Conn., and 6,500 worldwide.

The Worldwide Leader is about to get smaller. https://t.co/uCI1Ct3FHG, MORE:  Why ESPN is cutting so much talent. I have watched some Chiefs football and maybe an hour of NCAA football after turning it on this fall.

There is no apology that can redeem them. I met & worked w/ some great people & I am very grateful to ESPN for the opportunity. Thx for the opportunities & wonderful friendships.

Moved my wife and 3 kids to CT to go "all in" 5 years ago.

Change ).

Heck! All those layoffs even after ESPN discovered they were such ardent supporters of BLM and ANTIFA. The goal is to potentially cut tens of millions in salary, said sources.

Grateful for 21 yrs w/great people, building rep of @OTLonESPN. Follow Warner Todd Huston on Facebook at: facebook.com/Warner.Todd.Huston. IF I OWNED A TEAM, ANY PLAYER DOING WHAT THEY HAVE DONE WOULD BE FIRED ON THE SPOT. The material on this site may not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached, or otherwise used, except with the prior written permission of Inside the Magic. But some on-camera TV and radio talents could be impacted — particularly if their contracts are expiring this year.

ESPN currently employs around 4,000 people in Bristol, Connecticut, with a roster of 6,500 worldwide.

THE PUBLIC IS SICK AND TIRED OF ATHLETES TELLING US HOW THEY THINK. Disney-Owned ESPN Asks Top Commentators to Take Pay Cuts, already had to let go of tens of thousands of Cast Members, Report: ESPN Planning Layoffs Amid Disney’s Financial Losses. On a side note, with the pro sports now playing, notice how athletes are catching the Chinese Flu, but there are no serious incidents. By using this site you agree to our privacy policy.

On to the next chapter.

We focus on bringing you all things fun so you can plan your theme park vacation, enjoy Disney at home, and more. If I lost my iPhone, how could I post about how I lost my job today? If you cannot respect your audience or country then you are worthless. Also in 2017, the company cut its budget by $80 million.

He put his feet on top of my feet as I played the kick and high hat so he could get the feel of what the piece required, One of the coolest things in my life, but that was just something personal to me, and our country, our way of life and the American people will always be more important than some game.

ESPN won’t release the names of on-air talent losing their high-profile jobs, according to SN's Michael McCarthy. It's my birthday! And Soros and the like are very happy with the dismantling. I feel blessed & privileged to have worked @ESPN and most importantly work w/ so many great people.Thank you. Peyton himself. I’ll tell you something, Walter Peyton was one of my idols, and I had the good fortune to hang with him a few times, One time, the first time I met him, was when my buddy was hired to play the guitar part for the theme song for a professional women’s basketball team, Walter played the drums, but was an amateur, and I went with my buddy to the recording studio.

I leave ESPN more talented than ever and I'm thankful for that. The network may also ask its highest-earning talent and executives to take a reduction in salary.