In the end, you can buy an equally good TV for much lower price—even one made by Samsung. that The Frame’s picture was noticeably inferior to the more affordable Q6FN, I want to make these numbers very clear, because they’re big, and the cost-to-value ratio played a major role in my opinion of the Frame by Samsung. improve the picture quality of these TVs, and could finally help justify their updates. The Frame just doesn’t work for that. (The refresh rate refers to how many times the image on the screen refreshes, and the motion rate is software that inserts frames between the actual refresh rate to make the picture seem smoother. That said, the TV part of the package is actually quite good. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. V&A and Tate Modern in the UK have all recently been added. It’s about the complete package and the aesthetic appeal it offers as a medium for artworks. Even when it’s not mounted, the TV just floats like a portal into whatever fantasy world your movie of choice wants to take you to. Thankfully, Samsung is now writing slight premium over last year’s offering, solely thanks to the addition of QLED This should see the sets receive a significant boost in contrast, colour While the addition of a QLED panel That’s because Samsung has made the decision to make its Serif range more widely available. The cheeky word play, I think, suggests that you could put this on your living room wall, and nobody would know that it’s actually a full-featured television. assistant. The display also lacks local area dimming, the feature that provides multiple zones where the backlight can either highlight bright colors or turn off completely to produce blacker blacks. Saw this thing in a store, frankly I thought it looked like crap. Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window), Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window), Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window), Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window), Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window), Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window), Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window), Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window), Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window), Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window), Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window), Nearly Invisible Control4 System Completes Luxury Penthouse, Hidden Power: Velodyne Sub Contractor SCIW Series, Bluesound Improves Bass Options With Powered PULSE SUB+, Control4 Launches Chime and slew of other products, Marantz Introduces 8K Ultra HD AV Surround Pre-Amplifier, New Land Solutions Unveils ‘Digital Butler’ Service, Houzz Predicts Rise In Voice Recognition Tech In 2021, Mandalorian Composer Releases Station On Sonos Radio. It replaces last year's Samsung The Frame 2018 and performs similarly to this year's lower-end QLEDs. Walmart's best early Black Friday deals: $99 AirPods, $49 Instant Pot and more, $99 AirPods and other early Black Friday deals available now, Best Buy's early Black Friday sale: There are still discounts on TVs, laptops and smart speakers, Follow this discussion and email me when there are updates, Car Parts, Gadgets, & How-to's - Roadshow. This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff.

that wrong and bringing its QLED technology to both The Frame and Serif TVs. Hello, My client can't afford Samsung's The Frame, any possible (cheaper) alternative for this product?Also, not sure if I can post this one here.

From a distance, the effect of Art Mode on the Frame was somewhat uncanny, as if you were looking at a weird print in a shiny package. As CNET points out, the Frame’s specifications “are roughly equivalent to the [Samsung] MU8000 series of 4K TVs.” Those TVs are $700 and $1,000 cheaper than the 55-inch and 65-inch Frame TVs, respectively. Would I recommend the quality of the display in the Frame by Samsung? There’s EASILY visible joint seams between the separate framing pieces surrounding the screen. All that said, I can’t get past the fact that Samsung is trying to sell you a TV that doubles as a display for art. The software side of things is also good. Due to a legal agreement with my landlord (my lease), I was not able to mount the Frame, but I can appreciate the minimalist appeal of a TV that just looks as clean as a painting in a mid-century art studio. Would I encourage you to spend an extra thousand bucks to get a TV that promises to be a work of art?

It comes with most of the same great features as the latest frame TVs.

Google Assistant and Alexa, it has vastly improved in recent iterations – although Thing is, the primary selling point of the Frame isn’t just about being a high-quality display or a full featured smart TV. another assistant in the future. The unique art mode allows you to select prints, paintings, or photographs to display on the screen when the TV’s power is off. wide range of museums and art galleries. set to grow even further, with thousands of pieces of art made available from a QLED technology to more than just its Q series of TVs, with CES 2019 seeing Once you get close up, however, the illusion completely falls apart. The screen itself has that dull glossy sheen that most TVs have, and when the TV is in Art Mode, it’s dreadfully obvious that it’s just a digital image on an edge-lit display. For 2019, The Frame’s Art Store is It just looks like a really nice TV.

Put bluntly, these TVs are too expensive. Billed as a digital canvas for art, but honestly still just looks like a TV with art on the screen. All submitted content is subject to our. designed to blend into its surroundings, Samsung has added its Ambient Mode to But you’re also paying hundreds of dollars for pieces of decorative metal. That allows the TV to blend into whatever is behind it, They shop for what's in their price range. Just recently, Samsung also announced a 43-inch version of the Frame but didn’t specify the price. Nevertheless, the contrast and color quality is still good.

If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. It’s essentially an obelisk, around two inches thick and flat on the back so it can sit flush against the wall when you use the no-gap mount. You can also upload your own photos or images to display on the screen when the TV is in Art Mode, again, by using the smartphone app. You can even hang it on your wall with a “no gap” mount and attach faux wood panels to the sides so that it looks like painting. Bixby will be capable of The 55-inch model costs $2,000 and the 65-inch is $2,800. is the big news for the 2019 Frame TV, Samsung has also added its Bixby voice controlling just about every function on the 2019 Frame TV, as well as search So it’s not so much that Samsung made a bad TV. It almost looks good, too. Samsung actually calls it “The most beautiful TV you’ve never seen” in its marketing materials.

technology. The decorative bezel snaps right on to the TV using magnets and takes about 60 seconds to install. both The Frame and Serif ranges gain QLED panels. The Frame is a graceful object—I’ll give it that. The Frame runs Tizen 3.0, the latest version of Samsung’s proprietary operating system.

Please try again now or at a later time. It’s the fact that the Frame’s marketing doesn’t quite live up to the product’s promises—or price. Copyright © 2018 All Things Media. popular streaming services like Netflix and Rakuten. It’s a $2,000 4K TV that doubles as a digital display for works of art. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community. Just like the pricing, we’re still unique TVs, with its ability to blend into the overall décor of a room

That’s because it boasts deeper blacks and 100% colour volume. What’s especially impressive is the One Connect cable and box. Bizarrely, while the Serif TV wasn’t In other words, you plug one tiny cord into the TV and that connects to the slim box with all the inputs, a little slab you can hide in a console or anywhere nearby. There’s no word on whether And since the display itself is roughly equivalent to those in cheaper Samsung TVs, you’re definitely paying a big premium for this wannabe haute couture hardware. This system uses a noodle-thin cord that connects the port-free TV to the separate One Connect Box, where your HDMI, optical audio, USB, and other cords go.

it will be able to search The Frame’s biggest feature, however, the Art Store. CES 2019FeaturedQLEDSamsungSerif TVThe FrameThe Frame TVTVs. There’s also an app to control the TV’s Art Mode.

Out of the box, the Frame has a thin, black bezel, but you can buy a customizable bezel with a walnut, beige wood, or white finish for an extra $200 or $250, depending on the size of your TV. Please remember to be considerate of other members. Samsung has yet to reveal how much Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. making it hard to justify the added expense. Most importantly for the 2019 I’ve spent the past couple of weeks with The Frame in my living room, and I’ll admit it’s a nice TV.