After retiring from this position I continued to support the Chevrolet and Cadillac brands. Review 5 maintenance items your car needs at 100k miles. The lawsuit says she repeatedly took her Cruze to a dealership for repairs and while various repairs were made, nothing was done about the leaking antifreeze or the smell. GM is recalling 2018 Cadillac, Chevy, GMC SUVs and trucks because of a flaw with the brake-assist system that could lead to crashes and injuries. Some of these housings become brittle from the heat and crack from vibration. The most recently reported issues are listed below. The failure mileage was 23,000. statistics and reliability analysis of the 2014 Chevrolet Cruze, Manifold/header/muffler/tail Pipe problems, Gas Recirculation Valve (egr Valve) problems. The worst complaints are engine, electrical, and cooling system problems. Its dangerous because just when you need power to merge, the power dips instead which is potentially likely to end in being rear-ended. The automaker believes those vehicles in the preliminary recall are safe and it is trying to prove through petitions to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration that those vehicles don’t need to be recalled and inflators don’t need to be replaced. A California Federal Court Judge refused to decertify a class action involving GM engine defects that cause those vehicles to shut down and potentially catch fire. No warning turbo failure that cases vehicle to lose power suddenly I was on freeway when engine light came on and a engine power reduced warning came on went to auto zone and they said it was a p0299 have seen a lot of info on the internet net saying that the turbo has gone out this is bad when your at freeway speeds. The dash will also flicker with abs, brake, traction, lights. Both of these problems I believe are causing the enging to have power loss and ultimately make this vehicle less powerful and become undependable. With that said, there's no reason that you shouldn't call the respective GM brands customer service department and tell them what happened. The vehicle was leaking coolant and the mechanic did not know if the engine or transmission had been exposed to the coolant. There's a coolant pump made of plastic that has cause serval leaks after getting this leaked fix 2x it continued to leak and caused a failed head gasket and cracked head. The plaintiff is represented by the Law Offices of Paul C. Whalen. My key will get locked in the ignition and I have to stick a wrench under the steering wheel to get it out. Tl- the contact owns a 2014 Chevrolet Cruze.

Contacted gm customer care, was sent to elkins Chevrolet. The automotive industry is in the midst of a coordinated attack against California’s lemon law for the simple reason that complying with consumer protection laws and making vehicles safe takes effort and costs money. Class-action lawsuit targets Chevy Cruze antifreeze leaks and smell. Jft. I am doing what I can to fix this thing but believe it should not have left the factory. Can't get help from anyone! This is more noticeable when I'm going up a hill or any elevation. Replaced with aftermarket catalytic converter made by walker, but code did not clear. Tl the contact owns a 2014 Chevrolet Cruze. Failure of plastic parts strikes again. (function(){var cx='002561099840714827093:n-k9zqoogda';var gcse=document.createElement('script');gcse.type='text/javascript';gcse.async=true;gcse.src='https://cse.google.com/cse.js?cx='+cx;var s=document.getElementsByTagName('script')[0];s.parentNode.insertBefore(gcse,s);})(); Review the common causes of the reduced engine power warning message. The pump may leak from the weep reservoir or from the water pump shaft seal, leading to a drip of coolant onto the engine or onto the ground. I have had it to the dealer 5 times now, replaced heater core, then an update, then they said nothing was wrong, then they pumped stinky deodorizer in the car, then I took it back again, they said they cleaned a leaky coolant bottle and cleaned the interior. This is the black, two wire sensor you see on the top side of the thermostat housing.Although I usually recommend strategic automotive electrical diagnosis before replacing parts, I have seen this check engine light issue enough to just go ahead and replace thermostat housing assembly on the Chevrolet Cruz and Chevrolet Sonic models with the four-cylinder engine. Gasket cover, turbo oil feed and return line. I do not want to have to get an attorney involved but I will if this becomes an issue. location, show great care when removing it during the thermostat housing I have been informed by a Chevrolet dealership this is due to the turbo. I hope this can get looked into and a recall would be a helpful option, those coil packs should be made differently or make something more durable than plastic boots. I ended up waiting until the car was cold and removed the t30 screws to access the spark plugs, the coil pack's rubber boots were melted onto my spark plugs, I have take super care of the car and I never would of thought of the coil pack having a serious issue, this is definitely something owner's should be aware of. I truly hoped that the overall quality improved to catch up with the rest of the industry. “Shoppers should check the Vehicle Identification Numbers (VIN) for the specific vehicles they are considering on the NHTSA Recall website to determine if they require recall repairs and have any recall repairs done immediately. In 2015, it recalled just more than 330,000 2007-08 Silverado 2500 HD and 3500 HD pickups and other vehicles for defective passenger side airbags. housing from the engine block. Check your Chevrolet’s Vehicle Identification Number or VIN at KBB’s Car Recalls or at http://www.nhtsa.gov/recalls to see if it has any additional open recalls. The 2014 Chevrolet Cruze has 934 problems & defects reported by Cruze owners. Its very dangerous and when cars are behind you at a light its very scary. Manual gauges are not working.

However, some of these automobiles came through with the 1.6L or even the 1.4 L turbo engine. With the newer Chevrolet Cruz models the thermostat housing itself is made out of aluminum. But gm catalytic converter is on national backorder and has been for months. After inspecting a few of these failed coolant thermostat housing parts on several different years, you find different types of failures.

Unfortunately, if it leaks slowly enough you won't see any wetness under these Chevrolet Cruze models.Therefore, one of the first complaints that you'll hear from drivers is an odd gurgling sound. Despite being known issues General Motors and its authorized dealers have not been able to repair all Chevy Cruze vehicles with these defects.

The pump may leak from the weep reservoir or from the water pump shaft seal, leading to a drip of coolant onto the engine or onto the ground. The search results open in a convenient overlay. This makes for dangerous driving conditions in areas with high speed limits such as the highway. The dealer and manufacturer were not contacted. An important list for those with high mileage cars and an unknown maintenance history. I have had on & off problems with the cooling system - 2014 Chevy Cruze - last October I got the "turning off A/C due to high engine temperature" message.

Sometimes when this happens my power steering will also go out, jerking the steering wheel while im driving, and happens alot when im turning (very scary). how the fitting breaks and then leaks. Just bought a 2017 Chevy Cruze and when I got it home it was leaking coolant going to take it back Monday.

because aluminum is a soft metal. The car has a rough idle ( feels like car is jumping forward chugging in a rough idle ) and then shuts down. Since there’s a rubber O-ring at the connection many believe that this is the root cause of the problem.

Tel: 626-250-0405 Therefore, when purchasing these parts make sure they double check the year and the engine size. 2014 Chevrolet Cruze recalls from the NHTSA. it has also turn itself off and on in park. In 2016, GM also preliminarily recalled 1.8 million full-size trucks and SUVs including 2007–11 Chevrolet Avalanche and Silverado 1500 pickups, Chevrolet Suburban and Chevrolet Tahoe SUVs and 2009-11 Silverado 2500 HD and 3500 HD pickups with passenger-side Takata airbag inflators. I have just now had the car for a year, myself. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired and the failure recurred. The Chevy Cruze coolant leak is a problem on the rise. . Be sure to read the final thoughts section. 2014 Chevrolet Cruze LT I love my 2014 Chevrolet Cruze.

This has been happening since November of last year and it happens every time I drive my car!. I will be driving when all of the lights on my dash start going on and off , power service track shows up, my radio will shut off and it becomes a black screen. The vehicle was taken to the dealer (major world Chevrolet, 43-40 northern blvd, long island city, NY 11101) where it was diagnosed that the engine block power cord was damaged. The Chevrolet Cobalt was among the models at the center of General Motors’ 2014 ignition switch recall of 2.19 million U.S. vehicles. The airbag sensor light will come on and turn back off and flash �service airbag� multiple times.

We've seen anything from loose or broken clamps to a crack in the nipple on the bottom of the overflow bottle. The procedure includes removing the four bolts to separate the If you purchased a 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, or 2019 Chevy Cruze vehicle and have taken it to a Chevy dealer more than once time for a mechanical issue, Lemon Law Aid can help you file a lemon claim to get your vehicle replaced or repurchased.